Ch 35 Will they? Part 2

We ran. After that, we ran.We ran as fast as we could back through the darkness and through the snow, we passed the wind along the way and said goodbye to the Whomping Willow in the distance. The adrenaline and alcohol was still coursing through us and Peter and I doubt I've ever run this fast up to Hogwarts. 

We finally saw the great oak entrance and the light pouring from the window above it made me feel safe and at home - any time at all. And at a time like this, it was also our salvation. Lily and James could not find us here, this was the last part of or grand plan; get back to our dorms and pretend to be sorry about 'not going back into the pub because we had to take care of a very pissed Peter and when we went back to look for them they were already gone'. I kissed Sirius on the mouth for that. He said that he deserves more than a kiss because the plan was partly his idea and he got a slap for that.

 Mary ripped the front door open and we belted into the light, dirt and wetness seeping off of us onto the ground where house elves were busy cleaning. We bolted upstairs and made it to the painting and then the common room where we burst out laughing and cheering. "I can't believe it!" Sirius raised his hands and looked at us with relief in his eyes. "It actually worked!" "They fucking got together!" Remus shouted earning looks from everyone "Ohhhh Remus, look who's swearing on special occasions." Sirius nudged Remus and Mary laughed "Then he should be searing whenever he's with me!" Marlene cracked up, still holding Peter up and practically throwing him on the armchair. He looked exhausted but happy, putting his fists up. "Did you see that! He apologised and she bloody complimented him! It was too much at once!" I commented and laughed. 

What a time to be alive. A time where Lily Evans and James Potter got together.

 I sqealed when I felt a pair of hands grab my waist from behind and spin me around. I turned around and looked into Sirius' eyes. "Our plan really worked huh?" he grinned at me while leaning into me, our foreheads touching. "yep" He nuzzled into my neck making me giggle. "Now we can have more time to ourselves, don't you think?" "I think so yes." I winked at him and put my hand into his. He was perfect. 

"Right, as the last last part of our plan we need to act as if we don't know anything, and if those rotters don't say it, we'll squeeze it out of them." Remus said. "Just like Lily will squeeze out all the babies she'll have with Pro-" "Alright, let's get you to bed." Remus said and guided Peter to the boys dorms. We all tried to act naturally for when James and Lily arrive and soon Remus joined us, saying that 'Peter is tucked in with an already big headache'. "He really is a lightweight, isn't he?" the common room was cozy as always and students were filing in, taking their big coats of, bringing shopping bags in and chatting animatedly about their day. Hogsmeade was always fun, but this weekend wold stick in my my brain for a lot longer. 

"Do you think they'll ever come back?" "Maybe they've made camp somewhere and are spending the night alone..." Sirius wiggled his eyebrows. I slapped him. "Ow! Remus can you tell that woman to stop hitting a poor boy!" He rubbed his arm and looked at me eyebrows furrowed. "This woman is about to hit you again if you stop acting like a child!" I raised my brow and Sirius pointed at me and looked at Remus. "You see, violent!" "I would have hit harder" he shrugged and got a high five from me. Sirius was about to start protesting again when Alice shushed us, shoving Sirius. "Look, there they are." "See? All bloody violent" I heard Sirius mutter before Alice said "Alright, everyone act normal, okay?" Marlene started to laugh,throing her head back. "Oh I remember that Amberle, he was hilarious, I shouldn't have laughed when he fell, but he appeared to be in no trouble so-" "- so we just helped him up!" I faked a laugh too and everyone fell into the rhythm "Sirius, as quick as lightning, got out a game of Exploding snap, laced out the cards and gave a few to Remus pretending to play. Alice showed Mary the new book she had 'wanted to but for ages, but never found in stock' and Marlene was telling me a great story about her aunt. 

Our excitement we hid, in my opinion, like champions and we pretended to only notice Lily and James when both stood in front of us, nervous. 

I hid a smile.

"Hello." James greeted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello." I said.

This was a major filler and a bigger chapter is coming.

Are Lily and James going to confess to their friends? Cliffhangerrr our great loves.

These chapters have been mainly about Lily, but more Amberle and Sirius is coming, I've got some good drama planned...

Hope you liked this chapter!