Ch. 28 Christmas

-----three days later-----

"Oi, pass the biscuits, honestly the audacity to just grab them without ret-" "Shut up Sirius, you're no better, stealing the cheese every time it's placed in front of-" I laugh so hard tears start to pool from my eyes. It was Christmas morning and we were having a great time at the breakfast morning. "I just want to have one more biscuit before we open the presents, eat faster James, come on." "Stop nagging Sirius, we're all still eating." James teases and Sirius looks pissed off as I hug him from the side. "Children please. The presents are luring but we.are.eating, so Sirius please just calm down." I laugh and Sirius pouts in my direction. "But-" "Alright, here's the bacon, take as much as you want everybody." Fleamont comes in carrying a big tray. I burst out laughing at Sirius' expression and Fleamont noticed. "What's so funny?" "Sirius is just showing his true age." he comments and smirks then laughs with me.

I was startled. I was shocked and startled to say the very least. I took the present out of her hands. 

It can't be.

"For-for me?" She laughs and the Christmas lights and the rising sun aluminate her warm face. "Of course, we wouldn't like you going away empty handed." "No, I can't accept this." I pushed the present back into her hands. She threw her head back laughing. "That's how Sirius reacted the first time we gave him a present." She pushed the present back into my hands. "Take it." I bit my lip and my eyes fell to the ground. "Thank you ever so much." she hugged me tightly and tears formed in my eyes. This was completely new to me. My parents never gave me anything. I took the present and unwrapped the small gift. I opened the blue box and discovered a pair of gloves inside. Deep red gloves, thick, knitted beautiful gloves. My eyes widened. "O my...thank you...thank you so much....this is too much...I.." Euphemia laughed and winked at me while heading to the kitchen. "She knits them herself." I  can practically hear Sirius' grin as he whispers in my ear and garbs hold of my waist. I was shaken. "To much love for one day." I turned around, chuckled as I turned around and put my arms around his neck. He chuckled and leaned in to give me a long kiss. We parted and I looked into his beautiful grey eyes. "Now don't think you'd only leave with a pair of gloves." My eyes widened again as he took out a thick cardboard box and I opened it carefully. Inside I saw a beautiful bound notebook and another small box. I opened it as carefully and delicately as it looked. Inside, a beautiful necklace gleamed at me. The locket was small and it was a little bird with spread wings. I gasped, this was far too beautiful. "When you were at St.Mungos, I saw a little bird fly by in the moment you woke up. I know it's very cheesy and kitsch, but I hope you like it Amberle. Happy Christmas." I kissed him and laughed at his comment. "Don't worry, a bit of kitsch I'll survive, as long as you don't get on your knees or do some flamboyant th-" he jumped on the sofa and spread his arms like a poet. "Beloved Amberle, I-" he couldn't finish his confession of love as he was kicked off the sofa by James. I laughed "You're god awful Sirius Black." I laughed. "Don't know how you can love him" James shook his head as Sirius shook his head back. "I just can't not be loved." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I come in?" I hear Sirius' voice on the other side of the door. "Of course, you're always welcome-" I realised my mistake and was to late. "Really, so even in the evenings whe-" He got a pillow to the face but his smirk, that bloody heart melting smirk didn't waver. I was reading on my bed and the soft linen sank as he sat on the edge of the spacious bed. He leaned over and kissed me passionately and deeply, the moment engulfing me and entrancing me with it's perfection. "I'd like to say get a room, but then that'd be a daft remark." I immediately pulled away from the heated kiss and my eyes widened. "Remus!" I jumped off the bed seeing his lanky body in the doorway and ran over to him, engulfing him in a hug. He laughed and said "Hello Amberle, Happy late Christmas." I was overjoyed. Remus was here and I couldn't be happier. I let go after giving him a tight hug and after him commenting to let him breathe and looked into his eyes. He was scarred but he was happy to see me, something my parents had not been. "How...how,..why?" I didn't know he was coming. "I was invited to spend New Years here and there was an offer I couldn't resist." he chuckled. " And I had wanted to surprise you, so here I am." Happiness spread through my body and I beamed at the two boys. "These are going to be some great holidays and a brilliant New Year." Sirius laughed. "It will." He smirked at me, making my heart melt. He put his arms around my waist and put his head into the crook of my neck. "Do you want to go for a walk?" he lightly said and I nodded, looking at Remus. "Do you want to join us." "Em no, I prefer James' company to being a third wheel, thanks very much." He laughed and disappeared to find James in this magical house. 

The door slammed closed behind us as Sirius took my hand in his and threw his hair back winking at me. I rolled my eyes. "You're already dating me, why try to impress?" "That's just how I am love." I looked towards the field we were heading to. I breathed in and tried to forget my parents and my brother, tried to take in natures scent and the breeze flowing through my hair. 

All was right, every Piece had Fallen into Place.  

I have Sirius, The Marauders, Lily, Marlene, Mary, Alice, Hogwarts and the Potters and magic.

My family were and probably never will be a part of the puzzle; it is already complete.