Ch. 29 Back Again

"No Sirius, you're not serious." I shook my head no. "Oh but I am love!" he bellowed and was rolling on the bed next to James who also found this old shitty joke absolutely hilarious. I rolled my eyes."Throw raging parties at Hogwarts or wherever else you might find yourselves all you like, but don't get drunk while your parents are asleep!" I exclaimed and threw my hands up. "Come on babe, have a bit of... fun...with me-" "Us!" James added as he reached for a nearly empty bottle. It was New Years Eve and it had been a great evening with los of laughter and cheering, until James' parents went to bed, explicitly telling James to not get any alcohol from the cellar. Two hours later and they were off the rockers. Even Remus had had some -after much persuasion- and was fumbling slightly with the buttons on his jacket standing not all that straight. "Come here love." Sirius reached his hands for me like a little child grabbing for his toys. I shook my head and chuckled, the smile not going away as much as I tried. Sadly, Sirius was also cute while drunk. Bad news for me. I climbed to the end of the bed and Sirius placed a sloppy kiss on my jaw. James laughed and couldn't contain himself, wheezing. "What do you call a fish without an I?" "fshhhh" Sirius' burst out laughing and he looked at James who had fallen on the floor. They laughed so hard I could hardly contain my laughter and Remus joined in, clearly not knowing what had been so funny. He sat down next to James. "Fshhhh" James exclaimed and the boys fell into laughter again. "It's not actually that funny." I tried to squeeze in but James waved his arms in the air. "Lily, where are you?...." He yelled and Sirius tried to hold his hands. "I'm here James." he copied Lilys voice to which Remus just laughed. "You're all fucking idiots, you know that." we gasped and Remus waved us away. "Oh shut up, I always swear when I'm pissed." Sirius howled with laughter. "And James always talks about Lily and Sirius... well don't get him started..." I furrowed my brows but my thoughts were interrupted by James' shouts "Amberle, she's so pretty and intelligent.... can't she just like....like me....it's not fair... hot and-" he couldn't continue as Sirius' hand had found its way onto his mouth. "Shut up you twat, you've said more about Lily than Finch about expulsion!" He laughed and I blushed as he looked back at me, a nervous look crossing his face." "Well I'm honoured." I stutter and look down. 

Does he really say those things when he's intoxicated?

I composed myself, reminding myself that they were pissed and wouldn't remember a thing tomorrow.I stood up. "I think we should all go to- James get off there!- go to bed because it's quarter to three in the morn- Remus for fucks sake, let the jacket buttons be!-and we could all use some sleep." I shooed James and Remus out of my room which they had snuck into an hour ago. "James don't move that, you'll break it!" I whisper shouted and chuckled "They're like little children." I mumbled under my breath as I heard two doors click closed. I also shut my door and saw Sirius on the bed and rolled my eyes. "Come on, you too!" I laughed and opened the door again, waiting for him to move off the bed. Nothing moved. "Sirius?" 

Is he alright?

I moved to were his body was laying and heard soft breathing escape his mouth, his eyes closed. He was asleep. I shoved his should gently to wake him up but he didn't budge. "Sirius, wake up." He was fast asleep. 

What can I do? I can't just carry him.

"First thing tomorrow you're back in your room." I hiss and pointed my finger at Sirius. I crossed to the other side of the bed and covered myself, trying to do the same with Sirius who still had his regular clothes on. I smiled, leaned over and stoked his hair, rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. I turned off the lamp on the nightstand and I quickly fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock knock knock.