Ch .11 Calvario

We started off easy, practicing only the easy spells. Simple spells were flying all around us and I looked around; Marlene was getting along quite well with Cole Till, her partner for the next two lessons. I knew him slightly, he's asked me a few things about a subject we have together. I knew that Marlene knew him from the library and they were as skilled as it gets when it comes to duels. I face the other way just to see Mary and Remus getting along quite well. No, sorry, exceptionally well.

I think we might just have a new couple....

On the other side of the field there was a lot to be seen. Lily and James seemed to be having a hefty duel with Lily yelling at him and James flirting, or yelling, (couldn't really tell from where I was standing) at the witch. I knew my headstrong, thick headed friend was not going to give up, so I wished James the best of luck. Although looking at him now, I wasn't really sure who was going to win this proud battle.

Suddenly, I was hit by a spiky force, which whipped me right onto the grass. I looked up to find an amused and slightly apologetic Sirius looking at me. "Sorry, I thought you were ready to go, seeing as we had discussed to only take a beak for a few minutes and those minutes are long gone."

What a cocky idiot. He's getting me riled up, of course I wasn't bloody ready, how could I when James and Lily were on the hill  having what seems like the duel of life or death?

I stood up only to see Sirius already in position. "So, I think we should try our hand at the more difficult spells, I just hit you with a Disarming Spell. Why don't we try something like that, my dear Ms Raylan-" his cocky smirk was wiped right off his face when I quickly mumbled Carpe Retractum an watched as a rope slung itself out of my wand and onto Sirius and wrapped around him tightly, causing him to topple over and land on his 'precious' hair. He looked astounded that I had managed to cast a spell on him in such little time. I was quite proud of myself.

I've wiped the smirk off his face.

"Alright, if you want it that way, lets duel." I heard him mumble nearly inaudibly, probably to himself, and got into position. "Show me what you've got." Sirius went through his hair, which I've not gotten used to, seeing as the boy, an idiot and all, was still gorgeous.
For the next twenty minutes we duelled to the fullest extent, him probably feeling my anger towards him, of course not knowing what he had done so wrong that I was firing spells at him so viciously.  We were both tired of duelling, but it had become a bit of a contest between us, always, every spell, the other was trying to beat the other. It didn't look like Sirius, who I've found out is quite the dueller, was going to give up soon and I was tired already, seeing as I hadn't slept much. All my energy had been put into this duel and I had to put a deadline. An idea came to my mind and I smirked proudly, cheekily throwing in even more spells than the ones we were allowed to use.
Calvario. I mutter as I smirk internally. I was going to take away a prized possession that Sirius was utterly proud of; his hair. He looked around, obviously not knowing the spell I just shot out of my wand and carried on, thinking it hadn't damaged him. Oh how wrong he was.
A few spells later and I could see the effect, internally celebrating the win my partner did not know of yet. He looked around suddenly, slightly bedazzled and alarmed. He shook his head, pulling his hand through his hair. I held back a giggle. His hair very slowly started to fall out. A few other people noticed and stared at Sirius, who was grasping his falling hair.
The look on his face was impeccable; a mask of horror covered his face as he looked at me and then at his fallen out hair. I was shaking with laughter as his eyes transfixed on me, deep anger boiling up in them. His features changed drastically; he looked much like his older brother Regulus as a shadow painted his face. I concentrated entirely on him, unsure of what message he was trying to deliver. Was he really angry with me? It was a joke after all. I could easily place everything back into order. Realising that my time here on his magical earth was ,quite frankly, limited, I turned around, not once completely loosing sight of Sirius, and began to run away with the others, who had, of course, watched the whole thing unravel, cheering me on and loosing their mind over Sirius Black going bald. I ran as if my life depended on it; which, being serious, it probably was, and had nearly reached the Lake when I made out a figure behind me. Sirius.

This will not go well.

I was trying very hard not to burst out laughing again, knowing well that I would stumble and would slow down; Sirius would catch me. It was difficult to be worried and laughing at the same time, but I was not about to give all that exercise up for nothing. So I kept up my pace, not shaking off the person behind me, to my dismay. Suddenly, after what you'd call 'a wild chase through a green field', I felt a pair of strong arms come from behind me and wrap around my waist, causing me to stumble in surprise. We toppled over and were centimetres apart on the high grass. I looked at a angry and bedazzled Sirius, stunning as ever with his hair. Well, with what was left of it anyway. Not much, one could say.
That's when I lost it. I burst out laughing loudly as Sirius looked offended and disturbed. " I'm sorry, its just.... I think this new do is really something for you." Tears of laughter pooled in my eyes. Sirius was looking very unhappy as I was shaking with laughter. Sirius turned away, brushed the excess grass off his jeans and helped me up.

What a gentleman, I would have left the person lying there if theyed've hexed me like that.

I took his hand, giggling all the same. "Please reverse the jinx, hex, whatever this is." He said sternly, a serious face was staring at me. I've never seen him this serious, no pun intended. I was starting to apologise when a swift hand motion stopped me. "Just reverse it." He said, looking at the ground.

Was he ashamed, or just angry. No. He's definitely angry, look at him.

"Alright alright." I mutter as I said the incantation. I had known the counter-jinx, because I knew it was only to be a prank; which Sirius clearly took way to serious. (Now that pun was intended and I'm proud) I saw his hair grow back in a swift motion, going back to the exact same as it had been earlier. Sirius took on a rather exquisite face; it was a combination of relieve, confusion, happiness and wonder. After his hair was fully returned to normal, he turned his gaze on me. "Well that was exciting." I mutter. "We should get back." he said as he tuned to face the still duelling students on the hill. His big pride was damaged, it's going to take some time to heal it. We began to walk, but suddenly remembered something. The letter.
I regained my composure and felt more confident as I thought of Leslie Sandyville.
"Hey Sirius,... I would still like to talk to you after this lesson. It's important." I saw him raise his eyebrows as he turned his attention towards me. "Okay."

                       ...................................................................................

Lovely.
I had just gotten a great scolding from Professor Telstrode and Sirius was not on the friendly side towards me right now. AND I had just gotten the news that there would be a Ball at the start of November. It was nearly October. Someone please explain to me how I am to get a dress that quickly, also, not being able to go to Hogsmeade once again this weekend was not good. I'd only have one opportunity to buy a dress, which was rather sad if you ask me. It's not that I didn't like the idea of the Ball, trust me, I am the one for Balls, just that it is a rather quick notice.

"Class dismissed." The smile was wiped off of the Professors face after the little hair incident.
I sighed and gathered my books and was making my way back to the big castle, sure to keep an eye out for Sirius so to find him before another class started, when my friends came up, gigging behind me. "You need to tell us exactly what happened with you and Sirius down by the lake. Now." Marlene comes up to me and raises and eyebrow. "Right now please." Lily presses on and I smile at her. "I'll tell you later." I say teasingly as the others groan. "No, but really now, I've got places to be, people to meet." "People like Sirius Black maybe?" Mary says with a smirk on her face. "Maybe." I smile and turn to face the castle. "I've got to go now, I'll see you in class." I leave my friends and head towards Sirius, who nods at me.

Alright, I have ten minutes until we have Transfiguration. That'll have to do.

The rest of the Marauders look at Sirius, who looks at me. I pull him into a side corridor.
"We need to talk."

—————————————————————————————————————————————