Ch. 45 Revenge

"Well don't put on those stupid loafers Alice, you'll not only freeze like an icicle but you'll also get frostbite." Lily and I looked at Alices shoe choice. "It is literally freezing, as in minus temperatures" Lily continued. "But they just look so..." Alice whined. "They look freaking amazing, but I agree with Lily. You'll sit next to the fire for hours to get them warm again."  Marlene glanced over her should while she stuffed gloves into her bag. Lily arched her brows in surprise as Alice went into the bathroom. Marlene never agreed with her. Never on what to wear. Marlene caught her glance and shrugged. "What, it's true. In winter warmth goes before a great wardrobe." Lily nodded and went back to putting her beret on. "Fine, but I'm telling you, once the snow melts they're going everywhere with me." Alice opens the bathroom door. "Well let's go, we've got a great day ahead." she smirked wickedly. We had devised a plan to revenge Miss Smiggle. I tried to smile and celebrate, but it was hard. 

Today was the day that I was going to have to spend at least 5 minutes with McGonagall. To put her into hospital. I really didn't want to do that. I mean, I wasn't actually going to hurt her. It just had to look like I did. Or at least find a reason for her to go into the Hospital Wing. Lily, ever watchful, put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me sincerely. "It'll be alright. It's not your fault." she mumbles. "Well it sure feels like it." I looked into her eyes.

I feel so guilty. So terrible. All because of me.

"You'll just have to pass her. That's all." "I feel ad for not being able to help her." I said. "I get it and I'm sorry, but we'll report everything." Lily pulled me into a hug. "She'll be alright. And the rumours won't hit you." "We'll be alight, you can do this." Alice came up beside me and her sooting tone calmed me slightly. I breathed in, collecting myself. "Ok, let's go." Marlene slung he bag on her shoulder and nodded, opening the door of our dorm. We walked down the stairs into the common room, where only Peter scuttled past us. He quickly ran to the boys dorms. We walked through the portrait and headed for the front doors which would lead us to Hogsmeade. This time we wouldn't wait for the guys, if we were to revenge, revenge had to be done right. "Remus had nothing to do with this and god knows where Peter was." Alice commented and stepped out first. The sight was truly marvellous. The snow covered all like a blanket with holes; the grass was showing in some places. The trees had shed their entire choice of leaves and allowed the sun to beam through. The smoke from Hogsmeade chimneys filled the air in a coz- "Ah, but did they warn us. Did they try to stop the happenings?" "Well no b-" Marlene silenced Alice with a finger and continued "No buts. They might not get hit as hard as your boyfriends, but they'll get hell too." "Good we're cocky today, aren't we?" I turned to my friends. "I agree with Alice, but I understand also that they aren't innocent." I laughed. 

My laughter died down as I saw McGonagall approaching me. She looked rather sullen. I looked at Lily for reassurance and made my way over to her. I made cure that no one was watching and walked up to her. "I'm so terribly sorry." she looked into my eyes with a kind smile. "Don't worry dear, I'll be just fine. My friends had continued walking and we were now alone, like toy soldiers on white cardboard. "Please know that I wish you the best recovery. Thank you for doing this for Mary." I was sincere, as was she when she replied that she wasn't just doing it for Mary, and the it'd be alight in the end. She pulled out her wand and muttered something under her breath. With horror I saw the extent of her loyalty to the cause; blood started to taint her black robes until it seeped through and she had to cramp. The blood dropped on the white snow. Drop.Drop.Drop. She looked up at me and gifted me with a small smile. "Don't worry, it's only superficial blood, I am not truly bleeding out. Go now.". Tears pricked my eyes as I left her. Left her there, with the dipping blood in the white snow. I ran to Hogsmeade, not daring to look back.