Ch. 27 At the Potters

A/N: Hello people! I'm really sorry for not updating for so long, I've been really busy. I hope you all like this chapter.

The next few days passed but I barely noticed the time go by. I was excited to escape this place but sometimes it felt like time stood still, twisted and did loopings. It often went far to slow for my liking and I often found myself in constant boredom. I read everything I could and even looked into my schoolbooks, imagine that! Sirius was going to laugh when I told them. Since I had always been away and never home, I decided to use this time and see the muggle world. The bustling city was alight and bustling, the muggles occupied with their blunt and bland lives, unaware of the witches in their midst. The sun was setting and the golden, crisp rooftops glistened beautifully as I went into a few shops. "Amberle? Is that you? Sorry are you-" someone grabbed me softly by the shoulder and I turned around, bewildered. I had barely any muggle friends. But the I looked into doe eyes and recognised someone I rather didn't wish to encounter. "Clara." I tried to sound happy but it was getting exceedingly difficult, seeing a she now hugged me, the makeup smearing on my clothes. She stank of cheap perfume and her hair smelled of plastic, her extensions a little to obvious. She threw her long hair back and smiled at me. "How are you, I haven't seen you in like, months."

Thankfully.

"I'm very well thanks. I didn't see you when I came in, how are you?" "I'm so great, Mike and I are still together." she nearly squealed and her bracelets banged together. I used to have a crush on Mike, way back when I was nine and he was ten. Then Clara caught his attention and I was left hanging. "That's lovely to hear, how is Mike?" "Great, like, the best boyfriend." She looked at her watch. "Darling I have to go, but we should meet again sometime, like in a few weeks, you can probs go away from your school thingy, right?" Oh, I hadn't mentioned, but Clara was not the brightest candle on the cake. "Sure, we should do that." I nodded and smiled while waving. Thank goodness she had to go. "Bye bye, love you baby!" she waved and her skirt rode up her legs dangerously high. 

Oh dear.

I brought a new dress for the Christmas Party at the Potters and looked at the time. After basically running home for dinner (my parents never left me any if I didn't show up, my loss they would say) and went on to pack my many things, mentally preparing myself for the Potters. 

The morning sun thrilled me and for the first time in quite a while I was waking up in my own house happy. Stretching and yawning I made my way to the breakfast table and got dressed soon after. I was to be at the Potters at twelve o'clock, in three hours. magic was not possible, but I knew what train to get to the Potter House. The happiness radiating off of me went unnoticed by my parents. I snapped my trunk closed and put on my coat. I took one last look at my room, saying goodbye was easy at my so called home, but my room always had a special place in my heart. I closed the door and went downstairs, no one waiting for me. They'd lost interest. They were so happy to let me go to Hogwarts, it seemed like their favourite time of the holidays. "Goodbye" I called and my mother actually showed herself. "Goodbye Amberle, hope you have a good time. if you want to stay longer, just send an owl. Merry Christmas." She smiled that fake smile of hers and I heard my father shout "Merry Christmas, bye dear." and I opened the door, stepping outside, "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year." I closed the door and opened my soul to freedom. A real smile crept onto my face and I practically skipped to the train station. 

I think this is right. Is this the right place?

I knocked on the door and looked at the sign on the door. Potter. I was right. I took a deep breath in and heard lots of loud voices on the other side of the room, laughter. The door hastily opened and it was a sight to behold. Sirius was standing at the door, a few buttons of his shirt had come undone and he was radiating like the sun. He smiled so much I thought he could never have a straight face ear again. "Amberle, you've arrived!" he looked as excited as I felt and I immediately fell into his arms, hugging hime tightly, then I kissed him hard. It wasn't that long that we'd last seen each other, but id still missed him a lot. "Don't you want to say hello to us as well?" I heard the familiar voice of James Potter and broke away from Sirius "Hey!" I heard him say as I made my way over to James, who smiled brightly at me. "I'm so glad you could come." James said but eyes said more. He knew about my parents and he was glad to help but pitied me more than I liked. "Well you better introduce us then!" I heard a lovely voice from behind James which immediately made me feel at home. "Sorry mum, this is Amberle Raylander, Amberle, this is my mother, Euphemia Potter." he introduced us and I was surprised when instead of shaking my hand, my ribs got crushed as James' mother gave me a welcoming hug. "Thank you for having me, I thank you so much." I stammered and she waved her hand as if it was nothing. "Oh you don't have to thank me dear, you're always welcome at the Potters." "See. I told you." Sirius came up to me from behind and whispered this into my ear. I chuckled and suddenly remembered something. My trunk. "Oh, I nearly forgot my trunk, it's still outs-" "Not to worry dear, it's already in your room." My eyes widened. "Thank you." I was introduced to an equally nice and goodhearted Fleamont Potter and saw a Fathers love for the first time when he told James to show me the house. "Amberle, welcome to the Potter House, this is the living room." the room was spacious but cozy, had a pretty black fireplace and the furniture was cream coloured, everything looking light and warm. The rest of the big house was quite the same and I already felt more at home than at my 'home' three hours away. "And this is your room." James bowed and dramatically opened the door, like a butler would. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was double the size of my own room at 'home' and it was stunning. The soft breeze entered through the open windows ,gently blowing the satin curtains away from them. The bed looked soft and the my trunk stood empty. "Your things are already in their respective places and the bathroom is on your right." I hugged James and thanked him a million. "You're a brilliant tosser, you know that." I punch him on the arm lightly and laugh. "I try to be." he says and I laugh even louder, finally feeling warm inside. "Just to warn you, my room is directly opposite so if Sirius comes in and-" I scolded him and pushed him out the door. "Oh shut up!" I laughed and he bellowed "Sirius and Amberle, sitting in a tree, K-" "You're such a child!" I closed the door and heard him continue singing. I rolled my eyes but couldn't be happier. To wake up in hell and fall asleep in heaven was absolute euphoria. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------