Ch. 38 He who conquers

My blood truly ran cold when the marble door opened. Mary stood there, dazed. 

A bright light was coming from within the vast hall. The hall was rather empty and I felt a cold, unnatural breeze coming my way and spreading through my body. I felt Marys hand drag me past the threshold and I couldn't get out of her grip. She was pulled in by the light and nothing else reflected in her eyes. I turned my attention back to the light.

Wait... what is.... is that?... 

The light showed something, or rather someone, in its midst. I felt like puking. It was Marabel, a fifth year. She was floating in the air, held by the light and very much unconscious. 

Good god.... what is this.. is she...no she... she isn't....wha-

I couldn't look away, but I wanted to so incredibly badly. I heard voices from behind the light which brought me back down to earth, or wherever we were. Definitely not in the Dungeons or in the cellar of the Three Broomsticks. I felt claustrophobic, it was beginning to get harder to breathe. 

I'm gonna die, just like Marabel... someone help....

The voices got louder and I snapped out of my thoughts to try and meet them, but not before looking around the emptiness which stretched around me like dark matter. The hall was enormous and had an elegant glass dome on its head. The pillars which were still visible looked medieval and the walls loomed over me, ready to diminish me. The hall had four marble doors, one through which we had just entered. They seemed to be unmovable except if powerful magic was used.

No bloody escape...

The hall had steps on one side, which looked ruined, but were like the Colosseum in Rome. Maybe it used to be a theatre. Torches had been placed, mind you, a long time ago along the beige pillars, but the hall was extremely dark, because of its size, even though the white light in the centre shone brightly.

The voices scared me first. Then came the breath on my back. Then the hair on my neck. Then the name I so dreaded to be called. 

Sisssssterrrrrr

I was positive I'd died. 

C'mon, pull yourself together. 

I gathered all my confidence and turned around to face his eyes. Light meets dark. 

He's gone completely mad.

He smirked and looked down on me, disgust gracing his sharp features. he looked even worse than the last time I had seen him. His eyes had turned green. Not the kind, giving green which grows in the meadows, no, the fluorescent green which snakes through evil creatures. The poisonous green which never means anything good. 

"Good to see you again." his voice was mean and cut through me like only broken glass could. I mustered up courage, if I was to die here, I'd die without showing my brother the fear in my heart. I am too proud for such degradation.

"Brother, cozy room you've got here. Needs a bit more decorating and a few pops of colour, but that can be fixed." he looked annoyed and pissed off, clearly not wanting to deal with my bullshit. He advanced. "I don't care if that mouth is jinxed closed it's useless-" "Oh, remember that red and blue sitting sack you have at home? That would be perfect for this room, y'know. AND, I nearly forgot, you could put in the bead with the stars on it too, that would look fab."

I was playing with him. I'm so proud that I didn't quiver or shake. Scared shitless. That's what I was. 

Only then did I hear the giggles and whispers and only then did I notice the figures scattered around the room. My heart stood still for a beat out of fear. The figures surrounded us, cloaked and painted black by the shadows caused by the dome. They laughed at my brother for owing a star bed but would kill for him, and for each other, in a heartbeat. That much I figured. My brother quickly collected himself and I felt an invisible rope wrap around my neck and I was choking, grasping at the thing that wasn't there, feeling hopeless to the magic thrust upon me. 

Oh god...help!

I couldn't scream, I knew no one would hear me, it was useless.And I would have shown my weakness and fear to my brother. 

He stepped closer "Maybe we can talk now." he smiled like a madman. "Can't... really..." he stepped closer and I was gasping for breath, struggling in the iron grip, helpless, but not hopeless. "...be...bothered." The grip around my neck tightened around my neck and I felt myself being thrown across the room and my back hit the stone wall. Hard. 

"Always.So.Cocky." he smirked. "You little shit. I've got something for you to do, you scum."

"Oh, begging for my talents, now are we?" I was bleeding out of my mouth,lyinf on the ground where I had fallen and felt dizzy like I'd just gotten off a bad rollercoaster. Again, I wanted to puke. My brother's face was in the shadow, but I could make out his shape which was eliminated from the white light.

I felt something punch my guts and I doubled over on the cold floor, energy leaving me. 

"I" with every word he stepped closer. "Need." "You." "To." "Kill.""Minerva McGonagall"

His wand twirled in his bony white hand as my eyes went wide. "Never." He had gone completely crazy. I would never kill. It would be the death of me. But then he surprised me. He started chanting incantations and his wand lit up. 

Dark magic was upon us once more. 

I could feel it start to crawl through me, as much as I resisted. I knew whee this was going. He was breaking my will, my being, with magic. I couldn't move, I was frozen solid. No scream came out as it pulled through me. I felt my senses shut down, I was trapped in an endless black tunnel.

Don't give up, come on, stop this madness!

I tried again to free myself not only physically, but mentally, but nothing worked. I felt useless and powerless. I couldn't see any more. 

The world is so dark, there's a light...oh look... a beautiful light....

................................................................

"Ego liberabit vos, Veritas Liberabit Vos. Vincit qui se vincit." my eyes tear open and I look up at the marble wall.

How did I get here? 

"Don't turn around." I hear it in my head. Legilimency. I continue towards the oak dow and can feel eyes leaving me soon as the dark figures focus back on the light.

"Goodbye Sister." my brother shouts and laughs, amused and sour. I continue to the door which opens for me and signs heavily. I walk straight out and keep going until I hear the door shut behind me. I keep walking, fear in my soul. I keep walking until I start to jog. Then I run. Sprint as fast as I can. 

help me, what has happened

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhhh, this chapter was heavy on me. hope you liked it, I've got a whole new part of the story going!  And the Latin sentences meant 

I will set you free. The truth will set you free. He conquers who conquers himself.

I put them in to describe her situation and sort of show the mess going on in Amberles head.

Thank you for reading