Ch.6 Closer

"Right, so here are my notes for Arithmancy, don't mind the scribbles there, just tried to talk to Alice again, who,as you know, sits a long way from me. We used a new technique which actually works, we'll show you when you get out of this place." Marlene said hectically as she fumbled with her homework.
I lulled my head over and smiled at her weakly. I was getting healthier every day, every hour, but right now I was very tired, the clock had struck nine. It wasn't that late, as Marlene still came over to tell me about her day, as most of my friends do, but I was getting tired; tired of not being able to do a thing.

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise.

Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised.

Now my neck is open wide, begging for a fist around it,

already choking on my blood, so there's no used crying about it. 

Marlene noticed my lack of attention and straightened herself. Smiling, she gathered her things and left her stool. She squeezed my hand a few times. "Alright, time for some sleep, you need to get some rest, it's the best thing to recover." she walked to the end of the bed. "Don't worry, you'll get out soon." She laughed and I chuckled. "It's bloody boring in here." I mumble and we both laugh. "Goodnighttt..." she waved her hand dramatically and left the Hospital Wing.

Hopefully they'll let me out tomorrow.

                                                            ///////////////////
Well, it wasn't quite tomorrow, but my stay had finally come to an end as I left the care of Madame Pomfrey and the Hospital Wing behind me two days later.
I was happy and healthy- and the talk of the school. A lot of fellow students who I passed asked me if I was healthy again and asked what had happened.
I didn't really want to tell everyone, as I felt it wasn't necessary for all to know everything about the incident.
When conversations started up on the topic of the incident or the true story, I smiled and nodded but didn't give further details.

Something happened between Sirius and I; we'd grew closer. He had broken up with Leslie a day after my departure to the white Hospital Wing, but she still wanted him back. What a player. He's had a few girls after Leslie, but I was used to I that. Classes went back to normal. Everything did.
Avery and Mulciber steered clear of me and my friends, but that didn't stop them from glaring at me every minute they got. It was the same with us and Snivelus.
I liked being so close to Sirius, it felt good

  Oh god, what am I thinking, the guy's still a twat.

The only thing that bothered me slightly was that of my non existing permission to leave the pretty castle to go and see the wonderful little town of Hogsmeade, now painted in beautiful spring colours.
My friends had already taken to looking in my direction pityingly if anyone ever brought up the subject of Hogmeade. I gave them a warm smile and a don't worry about me look and waved it off. It was only a two time thing, in three fortnights the gates where open again.
As Friday rolled around, all everybody talked about was Hogmeade. Usually there isn't such buzz but two shops (a new shop on the corner of The three Broomsticks which sold enchanted jewelery and a new broom hut) had opened a few days ago, readying themselves for the mass of students to come. It was also the first Hogmeade trip in spring. And I wasn't going. Out of all the times we had permission to go to Hogsmeade, I had to choose this one to get myself prohibited to go there.

"Bring me some stuff back, will you?" I asked and laughed.
"We will, we'll think of you." Alice said and smiled slightly.
"Go then, quickly or you won't make it." I pushed the group out the doors of our dorm and made my way back to my bed. I heard a rushed "BYE" and off they were. I sighed contently.