Ch. 39 Confusion

Corridors. Passages. Flames twinkle on the edge of my view as I run. Run home. Run away from this darkness. 

It was that bastard again. Can't seem to get rid of him. I ran though the voices which erupted from the walls. I ran further and made out a flick of light. 

Finally, I'm safe.

I tilted my head forward like I was running through a finish line. Then the light was gone, and only the flames on the walls illuminated my path. 

That's weird. I had seen light. Bloody magic.

I kept on running and don't ever stop, the air in my lungs fading and the lack of oxygen cutting me down. I kept running.

Come on, light, where are you?

I panted a defeated "please". I saw some light in front of me. 

Oh god, please let this be true.

I ran into the light, it engulfed me and it felt like someone had poured sunshine all over me. 

I am safe. 

I couldn't help but laugh. Laugh at this ludicracy. At this ridicule adventure I had gotten myself into. Tears started to stream down my face as I laughed. It probably looked like I was mad. But I didn't care. I had to tell them all everything. No chance in the world would I hide this horridness from Dumbledore. Although I was completely exhausted, physically and mentally, and bruised and scratched, I kept on running. I've never run this fast this long in my life. Soon the corridors became familiar and I ran past the Slytherin Common Room and past the Potions Classroom. I ran up the moving steps, dizzy. I looked around for help. The Slytherins would very reluctantly help me, but I wasn't going to be picky. The talking pictures commented on my appearance,but I barely noticed. 

Where is everyone?

I stumbled up the steps, my robe catching on the edge of the stairs, making me tumble and land smack on the ground. 

"Gallopin' gorgons." I mumble and look down down to see if my robe had ripped, which it had. My head started to hurt, then pound against my skull in a mere minute or so. It was foggy all of a sudden. The colours blurred, but I kept going. Up, up to the common room. I passed the Great Hall, but there was still no one to be found. Not even someones cat. Nothing. The most infuriating part was that there were no traces of magic anywhere. The castle looked nearly... forgotten. 

What's wrong? There must be something going on. Maybe they're all down in the clearing. The  Marauders must have pulled a prank. But why are... there spider webs everywhere? Why does it all smell so...rustic and damp?..

I kept walking but found not a single soul. I ran far up more stairs and finally arrived at the staircase which led to the common room. Finally. 

Maybe someone can help me here, the common room can't be deserted.

I stumbled up the stairs, the thudding in my brain returning stronger than ever. I held my head.

Oh this pain... won't anyone please help me.

After a wobbly journey up the stairs I finally reached my destination. I turned to look down the corridor which also lead to my common room. The pictures were all empty, no one was present. The Fat Lady was no where to be seen. I held on to the railing and was about to look back to the painting in front of me when something caught my eye. I squinted and took a slow step towards the figures. 

Finally. Someone.

Relief and happiness flowed through me and gave me air under my shoes. My head still thumped, but I didn't care. I put one heavy foot in front of the other and moved closer to the couple. They looked like a couple. The tall figure had the girl pressed his chest as she kissed him hard. The pounding didn't stop as I moved froward, squinting in my pain to try and recognise the couple.