Chapter 1: Raiding the Raiders

"The world fears us. We are the favored of the gods. We plunder new lands. We raid and we grow strong. We live for battle, ready to die in glory."

"Sometimes a viking is born who carries the spark of gods: Raiders, we call them. It is a name that can summon armies. Ruthless, fearless, made for battle. The Dane Axe was the mightiest weapon of our ancestors; they wield it without mercy. The moment of a viking's death is chosen by fate. So what use have they of armor? Or of fear?"

- The Raider's description

- ONE YEAR LATER after the fall of Svengard, General POV... -

Apollyon: (Narrating) "It did not take long for my lesson to spread across the whole of Valkenheim. But in the following winter, a lone Raider rose among the clan known as the 'Warborn'. That Raider set out to reunite their people."

The view cuts to a snowy field, littered with the corpses of soldiers, with burning buildings in the background. This is Svengard... or what's left of it, a year ago.

Rowan: (Narrating) "A year since Apollyon came. Our people starved."

Cut to Vikings raiding another clan's outpost. A Raider gets executed by his own comrade as the food are taken away.

(Vikings taking the food

(Vikings taking the food. Source: For Honor wiki)

Rowan: (Narrating) "But the worst of us fell on each other. Like beasts. Growing fat on their own people's misery. Ragnar was one of those."

Cut to Ragnar making his way among his brethren to the banquet table. A Viking brings in a small crate filled with food to the table as Ragnar comes by.

Ragnar: (raising his fist) "Let's feast!" He says, the room filled with cheers soon enough.

Rowan: (Narrating) "A few months ago, several figures came to me, and urged me to fight. They did not take long to convince me, for I fully know what will happen to my people. There were six of them: two of which seems to be the brains, with one of them knowing our language well. He is one of ours."

The view comes towards three figures talking to each other. One of them is Rowan, while the other two are the ones who came to him, convinced him to take up arms.

Cut to some of Ragnar's guards conversing outside the gate.

Rowan: (Narrating) "And so, I came down from the mountains, I joined the Warborn, and then the three of us did something about it."