Chapter 22: Reconnaissance

Nothing really to say, so enjoy the chapter!

"You. Shall not. WRITE!" - Disclaimer-dalf

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, I would eat chili-flavored food for a week.

++++++++++++++++++++

- Hours earlier in the Myre... -

Apollyon: (Narrating) ”To reach the great city of the Emperor, the Vikings now faced the Myre. Here, brute force would not suffice. Skill and knowledge would be needed to cross safely. The Warborn Valkyrie, Runa, was sent to find a way through.”

A vast swamp littered with the ruins of samurai buildings appears before Runa as she glances around.

(Runa wandering in the swamps. Source: For Honor wiki)

Runa: (Narrating) "The Myre. An apt name for a terrible place."

Runa glances around at her surroundings, then slaps her neck in response to the effects of bugs.

Runa: (Narrating) "I was sent. To find a way through."

Behind Runa, an Orochi runs past her in concealment. She notices the sudden movement nearby and mentally prepared herself.

Runa: (Narrating) "Let’s start by finding an outpost. Or a camp. Or something."

Runa trudges into the woods of The Myre, wandering around aimlessly. There seems to be an archway in front of her with hanging corpses.

Apollyon: (Narrating) "Taking the beach was one thing, crossing the Myre was another. But there was no plunder to be gained along the shore, the wealth of the Samurai lay beyond the swamp.”

She decides that going through the front is certainly a death sentence. Then again, she is in enemy territory where every corner is potentially dangerous. She heads left up some mossy stairs before coming across a demolished boat, with dead Samurai inside.

Apollyon: (Narrating) “The first scout group the Viking sent out into the Myre never returned, nor the second, nor the third.”

After observing the sight, she continues through the swamp, but Samurai composed of Kensei, Orochi, Seieibushi, and ashigaru hidden in the foliage sprang and ambushed her.