Chapter 17: A Returned Fruit

This was supposed to be up 9 days ago, but my internet just had to be mean and shut itself down. The company who operates it just keeps giving us broken promises which sux. I managed to upload this through the Wi-Fi connection from a mall soooo... onto the read!

Clearance accepted. Operation: Disclaimer is a go.

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, then I wouldn't have to take a part-time job :v

++++++++++++++++++++

"Making a promise means setting others to expect from you. Keeping and fulfilling a promise means earning yourself the trust that is one of the most precious things in the world."

- ArcanePanzer

- Six days later, General POV... -

It is a cloudy morning for the group of Knights, Vikings, and Samurai in the outpost that they have taken a week ago. Repairs for the damaged Samurai outpost have already taken place, in peace.

Thanks to Nevil Hardrada and his wisdom as an elder as well as Anaximander revealing his possession of the Dragon of the Great East (with the help of a few coins) managed to win the allegiance of an uninspired and demoralized contingent of Samurai who once garrisoned the outpost.

The Samurai contingent of the outpost coincidentally bear red markings, and is being led by a Kensei known as Aizu Yoshitade.

Today is a peaceful day in a place so close to the borders of Ashfeld from the south; something that is very rare nowadays considering the location. The Kensei, Yoshitade and the Warden, Nevil are walking alongside each other as they pass the stalls that the peasants set up prior to capturing. They are both talking to each other as if they have already known each other for a long time, as friends.

Yoshitade: "I see. To think that our people do have similarities after all. It makes the teachings of our scholars here obsolete, I must say." The Kensei in red says.

Hardrada: "The same goes for us, my friend. It makes one wonder how a world of all of us together; Knights, Samurai, and Vikings, without war. All in peace, coexisting with each other."

Yoshitade: "I once gave it a thought, but never dwelt on it. Now I hear from a foreigner like you makes rethink the possibilities."

Hardrada: "Indeed. And I must say that you have been more open to such ideas and thoughts."

Yoshitade: "Hai. You have such a way with words. I commend you for that."

Hardrada: "Thank you." They pause but remain in on walking pace.

They pass some Myrian peasants who gave Nevil an indifferent and even unfriendly looks. Yoshitade noticed this.

Yoshitade: "Do not worry about them. I'm sure with your friendly attitude, you will earn their hearts soon." The Kensei says to him.

Hardrada: "Ah, I expected this from the start. I am not too bothered by such because I know that they see me as their enemy. A rival people, perhaps."

Yoshitade: "I see. Perhaps if you prove you and your companions' to my people, they might change their opinions."

Hardrada: "Yes, I wouldn't expect less." He puts his gauntleted hand to his chin. "And I think I know what we can do..." He says, deep in thought.