Chapter 15: Allies and Enemies

So I read up a little bit about Vortiger's background as well as his own faction of Knights, Black Prior. I had an idea that Vortiger would only appear post-volume III considering that the events in multiplayer is about the three factions in an open war. After reading a bit of the backgrounds, that will be changing and I can confirm that Vortiger and Black Prior will be coming soon here in Volume II! Enjoy the read, peeps!

Thou shalt not ignoreth thy disclaimer

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, then I would seriously add the Spartan Hoplites here xD

++++++++++++++++++++

- One week later in the docks, General POV... -

Samurai, Vikings, and Knights alike stand around inside the main building of the shipyard. Their officers are talking over each other, some even aggressively. It's a miracle that they haven't attempted to murder each other yet.

Among these officers are Salavander's officer, Jorgensen, Gudmundr, Gulisano, and a Samurai Seieibushi whos name is a kept secret still.

They remained in this state of throwing statements and insults back and forth for a time. It makes one wonder on how the traditional enemies even ended up in the first place. Whatever the case may be, no one should be surprised.

They were barely silenced only by six people entering the main building; four Knights and two evidently from the Myre, then being Anaximander and the rest of his company. Yana is seen delicately carrying a small sack in front of her.

Samurai Seieibushi: "Your kind murdered half of my people here, Viking. There's no place for brutes like you in the Myre!" The Seieibushi of the Samurai in white says to the Vikings, reigniting the trading.
((A/n): Reminder that 'seieibushi' means 'elite samurai')

Before anything else could escalate, Anaximander brandished his longsword and slams it in the middle of the table where Sigmund and the Seieibushi are glaring daggers to each other, startling them both. Surprisingly, the Knights in the room remained passive throughout the entire time.

Anaximander: "I want you two to shut the hell up this instant. I requested to bring yourselves here to talk, not bicker." The Warden says sternly.

Sigmund: "Fine. Make it quick. I can't stand the stench of rotting wood here." The Viking Warlord remarks, which ticked off the Seieibushi again.

Before the Seieibushi can strike back, Anaximander points a finger towards him, then to the seat behind him. He grumbles and sits back down defeated. Arashicage, being the silent one, just stands near the entrance, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

Anaximander: "I ordered the release of you and your men for a good reason, Samurai. Now both of you stand down and listen." He says to the two of them.

Gudmundr comes over to Sigmund's side, and tells him that he'll take over. Sigmund nods and he gets up from the seat that was taken by the jarl afterwards. Anaximander takes a seat as Salavander and Yana did the same with the spare spots.

Anaximander: "Now, I will be straightforward. I want to forge an alliance with you and your Samurai."

Samurai Seieibushi: "After you killed half of the inhabitants here? You can go back to your ships empty handed, Knight. There is no way that that is happening at all." The Seieibushi remarks, which Anaximander expected.