Chapter 24: The Great Raid

Here it is: the final mission for the Viking campaign and first chapter of the decade! Hope you guys had a wonderful New Year celebration!

Look! It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's a disclaimer!

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, I should be paid on minimum wage.

Probably...

++++++++++++++++++++

Apollyon: (Narrating) ”Koto. The Emperor’s City. High on a stone cliff, defended by crumbling bridges and gates, and by a force that was far too small for such a vast place. The city was ripe for plunder.”

The view of a battered Samurai fortress comes into one's eyesight as the Warborn prepare for one more battle. This will be the final day of this battle, and it will be all or nothing.

 This will be the final day of this battle, and it will be all or nothing

(The Vikings, prepared for one last push.)

Rowan: (Narrating) "Three days, we fought on that bridge. Behind that bridge lay a whole city ready for plunder. And if we failed now, we would leave with nothing to show for it. One more push would do it."

With the thought of victory finally within their hold, the Vikings charged forward with a warcry. Morale is high for the Vikings, and their efforts will be greatly rewarded if they secure victory.

Runa: "They're losing! Drive them back!" The Valkyrie yells.

Alvis: "Glory awaits!" The former Crow yells back.

Rowan took the left side with Helvar through the stairs that their last attempt yesterday built to open up a new front. To the right of the charging Vikings is one of their battering rams that is now out of action.

Apollyon: (Narrating) “The Vikings built flimsy war machines to break down rotten gates. That bridge was once unassailed. Now it is simply an open walkway.”

Helvar charged forward and struck down on a Seieibushi while Rowan killed the two ashigaru blocking their way. A Shugoki appears behind the Samurai, and Rowan faces him. Helvar pushes through to kill off more ashigaru attempting to stop them as Rowan defeats the Shugoki, crushing the Samurai's neck with his arm.

Rowan: "Drive them from the bridge!" Rowan yells. Behind him is a bell.

Apollyon: (Narrating) “On days of peace, the Samurai bells filled the sky with song. After that day, the song of peace would not ring for a long, long time.”

Rowan holds his axe with his hands before charging forward, leaving Helvar to deal with a Kensei who just arrived. He goes down to the lower level and assists his men battling the Samurai by crashing behind them, killing a handful with one powerful swing from his axe. With them finally breaking through, the Vikings charge once more, passing by barricades and a statue of a red Lion on their left.