Final Chapter: The Real Beginning

- Valle Dei region, eastern borders of Ashfeld... -

With Apollyon in the Myre with some of her subjects, Commander Marwynn took the opportunity to smuggle (Argen's) group the the borders and into the Southern Heights where they will find the hidden lands of the House of Lorderius protected by Bronzetail Legion.

Today is supposed to be another day of managing the border guard, but an unexpected visit from one of the higher ranking Blackstone officers turned things from simple to complicated; Amber Peltaris has come to him to know if a certain group of supposedly rouges have gotten through the border. Marwynn's affiliation to the House of Lorderius has prevented him from revealing of (Argen's) return, although he had other suspicions on what is Peltaris' true motive.

Currently, he's pulling Amber by her arm up to one of the highest points of fortifications nearby to know exactly what brought her here.

Amber: "Commander Marwynn, I can walk. You don't have to drag me across your entire line." Amber sternly says to him. He complies but he turns to her to question her.

Marwynn: "What are you looking for, Commander Peltaris? What is so important on a few brigands that caused you to come here personally?"

Amber: "I know who those people are, Commander Marwynn, and I know about your collaboration with the House of Lorderius." She tells him.

Hearing this, Marwynn's guards put their hands on the handles of their swords seeing that they may have been found out.

Marwynn: "What makes you certain of that?" He asks her, suspicious.

Amber: "Let's just say that I took care of some Blackstones who are sticking their noses on where they shouldn't be." She answers. Immediately understanding the meaning behind those words, Marwynn gestures for his guards to stand down.

Marwynn: "So, you wanted a change in Ashfeld as well?"

Amber: "I just want what everyone wants for Ashfeld, Commander." She tells him. "Now, I know that it is (Argen) Lorderius that you snuck under the Legion's nose. I just want to know where did you send them to?"

Marwynn: "Peltaris, I have no proof if you are truly on our side. I'm not telling you where exactly they went to."

Amber: "I understand. Can you at least point me to the general direction on where they went to?"

Marwynn: "The mountains. That's all I'm telling you until I can verify your allegiance." Amber nods in understanding. She walks towards the battlements overlooking their camps and various other fortifications erected on their side of the border.

Amber: "Marwynn, do you remember what they taught us? About when our civilisation escaped extinction from the Cataclysm?" She asks him.

Marwynn: "I remember that long before any of the legions were formed, it happened. Our people survived and banded together and formed brotherhoods, with only a few remaining today and even fought off a hundred thousand barbarians. Or so the stories go."

Amber: "Our people wanted a central governing figure, and so the legions formed the Iron Legion, an alliance with each member doubting the others all the time. Then the Blackstone Legion came and offered a different way. It was not what we wanted. And so here we are, trying to find ways to make another change. Just how long will we keep fighting each other until we can find the right way?" Marwynn just hums in response, with no answer to give. However, something is telling him that he should trust the Blackstone commander before him. Perhaps he can reveal a bit more.