Side Stories: The Strong, the Honorable

- Several years ago... -

Warden Hardrada: "Archers, release!" A Darkrose Warden orders to the Darkrose archers, causing them to launch the arrows drawn on their bows towards their enemies.

A joint offensive composing of detachments from the Iron Legion, the Bronzetail Legion, and the Darkrose Legion had broken through the ill-prepared border defenses of the Samurai, and the Knights are now pushing further towards Samurai lands under the leadership of Lord Enaeius of the Iron Legion.

On the other side, Samurai from the Dawn Empire, Fujiwara, Hattori, Oda, and Shimazu Clans attempt to repel the invasion, being led by one known as Fujikiyo, the Emperor's right hand man.

Today, the Knights are battling the Samurai once more; the real reason lost to the ages even before this very hours of the war between the three factions. Nevil was there as a young Warden among other men.

Iron Captain: "They're retreating!"

Iron Lawbringer: "Push the attack! Nulla misericordia!"

The Samurai attempt a retreat after putting up a fierce resistance that soon crumbled before the steel of the Knights. However, with the swampy terrain of the Myre, slowly the forces of Ashfeld scattered as the foliage thickened as they went in further. Nevil advanced with his brethren, cutting down those he caught or were foolish to fight back.

The embattled Knights stayed behind while the fresher ones continued the bloody pursuit. Hardrada, as the stubborn man he is refused to stop and continued.

As they advance, the Warden Hardrada looked to his right and saw a glimpse of red through the bushes. He hacked through the greenery to pursue the separated Samurai, regardless of the risk of being ambushed on the way. Upon getting closer, however, he saw what appears to be an Imperial ashigaru tending to a heavily wounded Hattori Seieibushi. The ashigaru must have brought the Seieibushi in an isolated place so he can treat him safely.

Hardrada's approach was compromised as he stepped on a twig and broke it, alerting the ashigaru and causing him turn around and draw his katana.

- Elsewhere... -

Laurence Peltaris: "I am warning you, Enaeius. Pursuing the Samurai through the swamps will not just exhaust our manpower, but you risk our men being slowed down or worse, trapped; easy prey for the Samurai who call this wasteland their home."

Lord Enaeius: "Do you have a better plan, then? If we let them go, then they will strike back with knowledge of how we fight."

Laurence Peltaris: "As a matter of fact, I do! But you don't listen to any of us!"

Lord Marinov: "Lord Enaeius, while you have a fair arguement, sending our men through a place they have little to no knowledge of can be fatal to our war efforts."

Lord Enaeius: "We have done this many times now ever since this campaign started, and it has NEVER failed us before."

Lord Crosswind: "Pardon me for interrupting, but that was because the enemy was unprepared. Our movements were too quick for the Samurai to understand so we were able to push through relatively unhindered."

Laurence Peltaris: "And the deeper we go through the Myre, the more dangerous foes and terrain we will inevitably face."

Lord Enaeius: "My decision still stands. We will destroy the Samurai before they have the chance to breathe. If you all do not have anymore useful arguments, you are all dismissed."