Chapter 2: Warriors of their own Accord

Here we are for the second chapter of Volume 2! I don't know why, but I keep pointing out that "It's Volume 2 and you should be as excited as I am!". Probably because this is technically halfway to the campaign's story, or I'm one step further to my writing career? Maybe... Anyways, good thing german_soldier reminded me of the lack of disclaimers last chapter XD

Heil Disclaimers!

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any media that may be used in this fanfic. If I did, why would I bother writing this then? :v

++++++++++++++++++++

- Present day, Ademar's POV... -

Lightshield Footman: "Forgive me, commanders. Lord (L/n) has been one of everyone's driving force to keep living and fighting since we all lost something dear to us. He gave us a family but overtime, he became our family."

Davius: "What will you be doing then? There's not much jobs to take around here."

Lightshield Footman: "I think I'll head East. To Beavtuth perhaps, back with my old neighbors. Lord (L/n) taught us well, so maybe I could take up a restoration job, or maybe farming to somehow make a living."

Here we go again, having to say goodbye to another member of the Cohort. Over the past year, there have been men and women who left the Cohort because of a variety of reasons, but mostly because of (Y/n) leaving and disappearing to nowhere. His disappearance left a significant impact to them, let me tell you.

Davius: "Very well, my friend. Es securus (Be safe)."

Lightshield Footman: "Gratias tibi (Thank you). I wish you and the Lightshield Cohort good fortune." He says as he mounts on the pack horse that we helped prepare for him. "If Lord (L/n) ever returns, I will come back without a second thought." He says.

Davius: "Count on it, my friend." Davius replies to him.

The footman nods at him, and he leaves towards the horizon. Eventually, we weren't able to see him anymore, and Davius sighs.

Davius: "How many?" He asks me briefly.

Me: "He's the fifty-seventh in total, and being the third this month." I answer him. Clearly, he did not like the answer.

Davius: "Curses. We can't let the Cohort fall apart like this. There should be a way to keep their spirits strong, at least until (Y/n) returns, if he decides to." He says as he turns around to walk back and I follow him.

Me: "I'm sure (Y/n) has his reasons. But even so, we can't blame the men for-"

Davius: "I know that, Ad! It's just-" He cuts me off before pausing briefly. "It's hard to see the family that I helped found and strengthen slowly chip off the sides like some old paint. I have to do something." He continues.

Even Davius, the senior officer of the Lightshields, is affected by (Y/n)'s sudden disappearance. I can only do so much to help them out.

Ademar: "Look, Davius: he will come back to us. Maybe with the 'solution' to Ashfeld's problems that Summerfield and Peltaris has been talking about." I say to him in an attempt to ease his thoughts. "Besides, I still have to know what's the name he gave his blade back when we are training." I joke, causing him chuckle for a bit. Well that worked.

Rather instantaneously...

I think I still have that joker aura after all these years.

Davius: "Heh, alright, alright. Let's just go back in, you arse."