Chapter 3: Still Alive and Kicking

Eyyo, people! New part coming up! Hope you are all having a good day, because if you are, then it's a good time to read this XP. Alright, I have been hearing about this new Chinese faction. It's an ENTIRE FACTION. Now, I don't know if I should add them later to the book, or should I just remain with the 3 original ones. I mean, they're interesting, but their addition will screw up the original theme. What do you think? Lemme know!

It's a disclaimer!

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, well... probably no one will believe me anyways :(

++++++++++++++++++++

"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence."

- Colin Powell

- Afternoon in Harrowgate, Alyssa's POV... -

Janna: "Okay, fine! The Lightshields are tougher than they look!!!" Janna exclaims as she takes part in an exhibition spar with her men and the Lightshields as I watch her struggle against two footmen from a distance.

They are all in their full sets, although they are using blunt wooden weapons for safety. The senior officer of the Lightshield Cohort, Davius Titus claims that they always use wooden weapons that are around twice the weight of the original weapons for their practices. I can only imagine how stronger and/or faster these men are compared to the rest of the Blackstone Legion.

Sir Laelius: "So, wooden weapons with twice the weight of the real ones are what you use here?" The dark-skinned Captain asks Titus.

Davius: "Yes. It is an idea that I took from the Old Empire, on how they train their legions. We are reusing this strategy in a way, with up to date features."

Sir Laelius: "Like what?"

Davius: "Just some simple design alterations. You know, wooden arming swords, longswords instead of the gladius of the Old Legions."

Me: "You sure know your history, don't you, Sir Titus?" I comment to him.

Davius: "Well, they are our ancestors. They brought us to where we are now. The least we can do is remember them in some way or another." He replies. He has a good point, now that I think about it.

Me: "I couldn't agree more, Sir Titus. Much of our people today have forgotten the past. Instead, they focus on the war or their own goals and careers." I say to him.

???: "So, how's Janna doing?" Someone suddenly asks from behind us, which turns out to be our childhood friends, Ademar alongside Mercy.

Me: "Worse than I thought." I tell him bluntly, in which he laughs at.

Mercy: "Heh, still the same Janna back then, huh?" The now-Peacekeeper asks me.

Me: "You could say that, though she did mature overtime. Somehow." I answer her as we watch the Lightshield Cohort slowly best Janna's Knights of the Embers.

Which reminds me...

- Flashback, a few hours ago... -

Janna: "But we were told that (Y/n) (L/n) is the one leading these men. What is going on?" Janna asks the Lightshield Cohort's senior officer about the whereabouts of one of our childhood friends supposedly leading these men.