Chapter 4: A Rouge's Life

Nothing else to say so here ya go! XD

Disclaimer brought to you by me!

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, I would make them have a virus to infect your device >:D

Jk I don't know how to do that XP

++++++++++++++++++++

- 5 days later, Kalec's POV... -

No steady amount of supplies, that feeling of being directionless, lousy pay, constant danger...

Those are just a few things that a rouge Knight from Ashfeld has to put up and this case, me.

Some people might think that being an independent Knight by themselves is a life full of adventures, freedom, even fun while not having to answer to anyone but only themselves. They accept a contract, complete it, get paid, and leave. Eventually, they become so skilled with a sword that everyone looks up to them and seek to get his help here and there. A lot of people think that I have all these as I stand in front of the wall of Harrowgate to send my first son's messages.

But let me tell you: it's not as simple as they tell you in those books...

- Flashback 2 years ago, before Kalec's reunion with Nevil Hardrada, General POV... -

Seren: "It's been five years. I thought we actually lost you after the Fall."

Xavier: "Yes. Mom actually had to use much of our resources just to keep those damn privateers off our properties since you, well, 'died'. They thought they could just waltz in without you and the Lightshield Cohort protecting us. Clearly, they didn't expect what we had in store."

Seren: "Our son here helped me found the men, which he is calling as the Self-Defense Company, that you saw guarding the premises of the manor. Sadly, he had to leave the Iron Legion just for that."

Kalec: (Narrating) "Me, my younger son, and my lovely wife converse inside the family mansion, catching up to past events that I missed with them. My son and younger brother of (Argen), Xavier (Lorderius) who is now a full-fledged Lawbringer practically took over the security of House (Lorderius) since I disappeared. Which reminds me, I can only imagine how long it's been since they heard of (Argen) considering his allegiance with the Blackstone Legion."

Xavier: "It had to be done, Mom. Besides, the Iron Legion was already falling both from the inside and outside. Hard not to notice, to be honest." Kalec's younger son says to his mother.

Kalec: "That they were. I even heard about desertions happening, with the largest one just happened recently."

Seren: "By the heavens... Jarvis Stone must be struggling so much to keep it together. And considering this time of the year, the Vikings will return again for their yearly raid. I'm afraid that the Iron Legion may not be able to hold."

- A few hours later... -

Kalec: (Narrating) "As much as I'd like to catch up with my family, I had to make sure that (Argen) would not be corrupted by Apollyon. Therefore, I had to leave them once again."

Seren: "You better come back alive. You now have new armor, a new blade, and rations to last you for at least a few weeks. I'd hate it if you are just to die and waste all those at once."