Chapter 7: A Fallen's Final Request

Allo and welcome back! Managed to find plenty of spare time to write, so here y'all go! Been trying to focus on getting the Vikings their character since in the near future of this volume, the Samurai will start to appear. So for this chapter, we will be focusing on Rowan's past and how it connects to the early stages of Volume I! Bon appetit!

Reactionary force codenamed "Disclaimer" is approaching. Stand by...

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, well...

I'll just simply say so :v

++++++++++++++++++++

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

- Unknown

- Some distance away from the docks, General POV... -

Anaximander: "So you must be the 'Shamans' that Branson mentioned to us earlier. Your appearance is a surprising one." The Knight with the black mantle says to the Shamans before them.

Shaman: "Indeed we are, Knight. It has been a year since we met, jarl." The leading Shaman replies to Anaximander and says to Gudmundr.

These Shamans; they are the same ones who mysteriously and accurately predicted the former jarl's downfall alongside the city of Svengard. Even up to this day, Gudmundr is still baffled of that fact.

No one knows why, but these Viking females decided to follow Anaximander's group all the way to the northernmost side of Valkenheim.

Gudmundr: "What brought you all here? You tend to just remain cowering in the forest to my knowledge." Gudmundr asks them, ignoring the greeting of the lead Shaman.

Lead Shaman: "Ahhh, but those are myths, jarl. We watch from afar all the time."

Gudmundr: "Don't call me that. My past self is long gone already." He replies. "Now to my question; why did you follow us?"

Shaman 2: "Oh, we saw great things in the future that you will be moulding from the ashes of the past. What you need is more... sparks." One of the three Shamans answers in a cryptic way.

Anaximander: "Curious, but mysterious. Can you answer a little more directly, ladies?" The Warden asks them, and the lead Shaman turns to him and replies:

Lead Shaman: "You."

Anaximander: "Hm?"

The shaman walks up to Anaximander and slowly circles the Knight.

Lead Shaman: "Yes... You are destined to do great things, Knight. Much like your ancestors did in the past. I wonder who hides behind that steel."

Anaximander: "My appearance matters not compared to what I want to achieve for everyone in this world."

Lead Shaman: "As we expected of you. My name is Hildr, warriors." The lead shaman introduces herself, but before Anaximander can do so, he gets interrupted. "And you are... Saidan Anaximander, are you not?"

Anaximander: "I am indeed, but how did you know my name?"

Hildr: "The means on how I managed to know your name matters not compared to what you want to achieve, does it?" Hildr replies. "I wonder if that is your true name, however..."