Chapter 10: The Harsh Reality of Life

YEET! ANOTHER CHAPTER! Apologies for the delay, as I was dealing with college for my second semester. Also, hope you people saw that RWBY teaser I uploaded! ;) Anyways, no other news to tell so into the chapter!

Do not underestimate the power of the disclaimers side.

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, then I would have a better common sense.

Jk I have a good level of common sense :>

++++++++++++++++++++

- The next morning in Valkenheim, Stigandr's POV... -

Cold. It's the first thing that I felt in the air as my consciousness slowly return from a good night's slumber. Some may say that the cold air won't let anyone live well, not to mention even sleep well. But I am a Viking. I was born in the cold.

The rays of the sun seep through the holes that were hardly fixed by those damned Blackstones, but I must admit that it was a nice touch to the darkness that enveloped the room I am in. I don't want to wake up and instead, I want a longer sleep since I never got one over my time as Siv's prisoner.

But I know better. There is much work to be done.

I slowly try to get up from the bed that I was given by my men yesterday after we took back these docks for ourselves. I open my eyes groggily... at least I try to.

Me: "Odin's beard... How I remember that I hate waking up in the morning..." I say to myself subconsciously.

*bong bong bong*

My attention got caught by the sound of a metal hitting something metal and my eyes opened more.

The sound was nostalgic. It was the sound of the start of a working day in every town and city of my people, or when we are feasting and celebrating. It was the sound that fills the air when a chieftain's child was born and everyone would make merry. It fills my heart that we still used things as they are supposed to even after a year of chaos.

But we have reunited again as a single united clan; far larger than the Crows and Gudmundr have even achieved.

I put on my gear and head out of the building, and I was met with one of the Iceblood Sergeants who is responsible for the clanking sounds.

Iceblood Sergeant: "Up and away, Warborn! We have much to do! Let's get to work on those ships!" He shouts the everyone who are now going to action.

He was looking around the docks when he noticed me behind.

Iceblood Sergeant: "Jarl! My apologies for ruining your sleep! I shouldn't be doing that near where you slept." He apologizes to me. I beg to differ, however.

Me: "Haha! No, my friend. I have to thank you for doing that! It gives a nostalgic rush of memories from long ago." I say to him as I pat him on the back.

Iceblood Sergeant: "Ah, of course. I understand, jarl." He replies.

We gaze upon our fellow soldiers who are now at work or still celebrating after yesterday's victory. It was truly a sight to behold; Vikings who are split into many other groups, now united under the Warborn banners. My banners.

Me: "It has been too long since we tasted true unity." I mutter, though I'm sure the Sergeant heard me 

Iceblood Sergeant: "Yes, jarl. This is the start of a new age for Valkenheim."