Chapter 8: Reenlistment

Allo again! Saw the latest For Honor update yet? As a summary, the voice acting and several lines got changed in the characters. They are speaking English in-game now, but their voice now kind of makes them underwhelming. But anyways, back to the chapter. If there would be historical figures appearing here, they would be out of character compared to their real-life counterparts. This so to explain their different personalities in the scarred world of For Honor, and to better fit in to my vision for this story. Hope y'all understand!

Discord server: https://discord.gg/8CU9Un9

Yes... let the disclaimer flow through you...

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, this would take place underwater in Atlantis :v

++++++++++++++++++++

- In the lowlands in the Myre, General POV... -

Some time ago, the Emperor's Champion was imprisoned due not following orders and going by himself, choosing to take matters in his own way. He was not rebellious or anything like that, but he repeatedly disobeyed the Emperor, which forced the latter to lock him behind bars, an action that he wished did not have to do.

But it is in the law AND the code that all Samurai are to be dutiful and loyal to the Emperor. The Emperor's Champion disregarded this code, and chose to go on his own way.

The Emperor had a close relationship with his Champion, so he did not want him to commit seppuku. At least imprisoning him saved his life, and still managed to serve as an example to other Samurai.

Meanwhile, Ayu Fujiwara, the daimyo of the Fujiwara clan, went to the lowlands to visit the Emperor's Champion, seeking to gain his trust further and to reenlist the Samurai in the future.

As she approach the prison with Kodenbushi Fujikiyo along with a myriad of Fujiwara and Imperial Samurai, the two high ranking Samurai converse about the Champion.

Fujikiyo: "This is an unusual compromise that you are taking, Ayu. While this is little compared the rest of our reckless daimyo, I doubt that you will get what you want from him." The Imperial Kodenbushi tells Ayu. ((A/n): Remember: 'kodenbushi' means legendary samurai; basically the highest title a samurai can achieve aside from shogun.)

Ayu: "It will be be fine, Kodenbushi. If I fail, then I won't lose anything." She replies to the other Kensei.

After a while, they all arrive in front of the rundown prison. The escort ashigaru stop short some distance away to give the two high-ranking Samurai some space.

Kodenbushi Fujikiyo opens the doors to the prison, letting Ayu go first. Inside, they are met with ashigaru acting as prison guards. ((A/n): 'Ashigaru' is the term I have the Samurai minions here. It basically means 'foot soldier')

Ayu: "I will be fine by myself, Fujikiyo." The Fujiwara daimyo says to the Imperial officer.

Fujikiyo: "I see. I will be just outside if you need anything." The commander agrees reluctantly, and signals to the ashigaru inside to leave one by one.

Once the guards have left, Ayu proceeded to find the Champion, passing by other cells filled with prisoners who pleaded for her to release them. However, she has no time to deal with criminals.