Chapter 13: Common Negotiations

So I apparently underestimated my parent's plan during the holiday. I expected that I will have the time to write one or two chapters, but there were of visitors and we visited a relative quite far from where I lived xP. This chapter will be covering events with (Y/n)'s parents in their effort to assist him. Hope I can continue where I left off, and hope you people enjoy this chapter!

And this is why I am never going to get a Patreon... at all. ;v

Who's that Pokémon!? It's Disclaimeroon!

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any resources that might make an appearance here. If I did, I would make an MMO game out of it :v

++++++++++++++++++++

- One week later, Seren's POV... -

It has been a week since Alette visited us in our manor. Things have started to change within our lands. Well, I started these changes after all, mainly in the economic and military aspects as well as trading. Recruitment or conscription, depending on how one would see it, are taking place widespread in our lands with swarms of aspiring soldiers coming in daily and the farmlands are being expanded while the doors to the merchants are now wide open. This will undoubtedly reveal me to the world again, but I will not tolerate lives being thrown away like pawns from a bigger game.

All it took me is the loss of the men who I once trained, fought with, and called my own. How pathetic of me.

Lord Hallowell: "My apologies, Sir Leofrick, but you are asking too much of my Order." The current leader of the long-running order of two Knight factions says to one of my lieutenants.

That's right. We called for a meeting with some of the faction leaders in 'hiding' like us in an attempt to find more allies. Like-minded allies, preferably.

Lord Hallowell: "The Templar-Hospitaller Order is... is merely a shadow of its former self. Our numbers are barely reaching ten thousand. We are simply retainers of the great past so that the future civilisations can know that there is a rich history to learn from." The leader continues. So they want to stay neutral, is what he is saying. I need to remind him of who they are right now.

Me: "While you have a reasonable excuse, that is not reason for you to evade your duties as a Knight."

Lord Hallowell: "Lady Lorderius, I'm af-"

Me: "This woman, Apollyon is responsible for the deaths of many good men, Lord Hallowell! We need to take action!" I exclaim to him.

Lord Hallowell: "It would spell destruction to the order, Lady Lorderius! We cannot fight the Blackstone Legion alone!" He replies to me. I was surprised about one thing: 'alone.'

Me: "Who told you that you are going to be alone?" I ask him.

Lord Hallowell: "Hm?"

Me: "We have many other allies and contacts, Lord Hallowell. Of course going against Apollyon alone is a death wish. That's why I am gathering what I could, from allies to resources, to information." He was about to say something else, but I cut him off. "This is not a matter on who comes up on top. This is a matter on preventing the destruction of our culture and of our people." I finish.

Lord Hallowell: "This sounds very much like war, Lady Lorderius." He comments.

Me: "We are already in a state of war with the Vikings and the Samurai. It only has died down after the Blackstone Legion destroyed much of the Vikings' strength. You are just so isolated like us to know much."