Chapter 18: I'll Protect You

The walk to Taehyung's house wasn't that long, even though you forced everyone to go to the store with you. You bought Taehyung some tea and some ingredients so you could make everyone some soup when you got there. When you arrived at his house, Jungkook knocked on the door, and soon enough it slowly opened.
"Oh, hello everyone."
The woman bowed her head.
I'm guessing that's his mother.
You thought you yourself. Everyone bowed their heads in unison, greeting her warmly.
"Are you here to see Taehyung?" She questioned. Her voice was sweet and subtle, you guessed it was where Taehyung got his soothing voice.
"Yea, we bought him some tea, and we'd like to cook for him if you don't mind." You explained. The woman smiled warmly and opened the door more.
"Of course! Please, come in."
You all smiled and walked inside the house taking your shoes off at the entrance.
"Taehyung is in his room. Leave the groceries on the table and come back in about thirty minutes. It's best for him to eat when his medication wears off." His mother explained. You did as she said, and gently laid the bags on the counter in the kitchen, before heading upstairs. Jungkook carefully opened the door, and shushed you all.
"He's sleeping." He whispered. You all nodded and tiptoed into his room and sat in the chairs by his bed.
"Does he get sick often?" Lisa questioned running her fingers through her hair.
"Yes and no. Sometimes he can go a long time without getting sick, and sometimes he can't." Jimin explained. "So we can't really tell if he'll be fine tomorrow for the show, but hopefully he's okay."
"I'd prefer if he stayed in bed even if he was feeling better." Jungkook mumbled as he paced the floors before taking a seat next to Taehyung's feet. It was nice, being able to see this side of these 'playboys.' You looked over at Taehyung, who peacefully slept on the bed.
"I'll be right back." You stated as you got out of your seat.
"Where are you going?" Jimin questioned as he watched you get up.
"I'm going to go get something."
Without any further explanation, you walked downstairs and grabbed a rag, and soaked it in hot water before slightly ringing it out. Carefully, you brought it back upstairs and placed it on Taehyung's forehead.
"That'll help him get better?" Jimin confusingly asked as you took the seat next to him. You shrugged your shoulders.
"Honestly, I don't even know. It just helps me when I'm feeling sick, so maybe it'll work for him."
Just as you said that, Taehyung took a deep breath through his nose. You guessed it was stuffed, so maybe the heat of the rag helped him. For a while, you all sat there and talked casually, waiting for Taehyung to wake up, and soon enough, his eyes slowly opened. He looked around the room and sat up, weakly smiling at all of you.
"What are you all doing here?" He questioned, his deep voice was somehow even lower, and slightly raspy.
"We came to visit you Tae." Jimin replied.
Taehyung's smile grew wide as he cautiously sat up, rearranging the rag onto the back of his neck.
"No really, why are you here?" He joked.
"Y/N wanted to make you soup and we all want to make you feel better. School seriously sucked without you." Jimin admitted cutely crossing his arms. You chuckled and nodded your head.
"I bought the ingredients earlier, so if you're hungry I can go make some now." You offered. "Y/N you are so nice to me." Taehyung happily stated. You chuckled and got out of your seat and walked downstairs into the kitchen to prepare the soup. It wasn't hard, and the stove Taehyung had was really pretty and cooked things a lot quicker, so tea and soup took about 15 minutes. You set the table with bowls and cups, neatly placing the food in the center, and pouring tea into every glass.
"You are truly wife material." You heard a voice say from behind you. When you turned around, you saw Taehyung's mom standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

How long had she been standing there?

"Oh! T-thank you." You nervously responded. She chuckled and put her hands in her jacket pocket.
"Tell Taehyung and everyone else that you're all free to spend the night. I'll be going out on a business trip tonight. I want to make sure he's being looked after. Do you mind staying here?"
She innocently questioned tilting her head.
"Oh..uh..sure?"
"Thank you so much, I'll pay you-"
"There's no need to pay me, taking care of a friend isn't something that should be rewarded." You cut her off.
She simply smiled, letting out a small giggle.
"Thank you. Please tell everyone to be safe okay?"
You nodded your head and waved as she walked out of the front door.