Chapter 32: For When We Win

Without realizing, you fell asleep helplessly on your bed. That morning had felt a lot heavier, if that makes any sense at all.You picked up your phone and checked your time. It was only 10 AM, and you didn't have to meet up with Lisa till 12. You swung your feet over your bed and into your slippers. You then sluggishly walked over to the bathroom to shower and brush your teeth. Since Lisa had your costume, you decided to just put on a sweatshirt and jeans. You then lazily threw your hair up into a bun and walked down to the kitchen where your mom sat at the table, peacefully sipping her tea.
"Where's Joonie?" You slurred as you pulled out the oatmeal box and some strawberries.
"He had meetings today, so he left early. What time is your competition?"
"It starts at 2, but we don't go on until 7."
"Wow, 5 hours of different singers should be very interesting. I'm excited." Your mom enthusiastically stated as she clapped her hands. You chuckled and took a seat by your mother with your oatmeal and strawberries.
"Me too." You mumbled as you poured yourself some tea.
"Have a great day today Y/N."
"You too mom."
You gave your mom a kiss on the cheek before she walked through the door. You sighed and proceeded to eat your breakfast alone.
*
Around 11:40, you took it upon yourself to start walking to the bus stop a little early. As you were going to open your front door, you got a text message.

Where are you?
-Lisa ♥️

About to leave my house, why?
-Y/N

Don't, my mom is going to drive us. After I pick up Jungkook we'll make our way to you.
-Lisa ♥️

Okay. Thank you ☺️
-Y/N

No problem hon. How are you feeling? You okay?
-Lisa ♥️

Yea I'm okay, thanks. Call me when you're at the corner?
-Y/N

Will do.
-Lisa ♥️

You sighed and locked your phone before stuffing it back into your pocket, plopping onto the couch. About twenty minutes later, you got a call from Lisa telling you she was close to your house. Once again, you grabbed your things and waited outside for your ride.
As you were locking the door, you heard someone honking their car horn.

"Y/N ah~ !" Lisa yelled waving her hands. You gave her a sweet smile before taking a seat in the back of her mom's car next to Jungkook.
"Good morning Y/N." Her mom greeted.
"Morning."
You turned over to Jungkook and smiled at him before waving.
"Hey Kookie."
"Hey Y/N."
After you all greeted each other, you plugged in your headphones and pulled out your book to read on the way there.
About twenty minutes later, you three arrived at the building, and started to warm up your voices before practice.
The day went by pretty fast, and before you knew it, it was already time for hair and makeup. You straightened your hair, and did your makeup. You did simple nude eyeshadow, and your eyebrows, then winged your eyeliner and applied highlight onto your cheekbones and the tip of your nose. Then, you applied some lipstick, and some lip gloss as a coating. When you finished your hair and makeup, you put on your costume. It was a beautiful red dress that complimented your skin complexion beautifully. As you were getting ready, you kept on checking your phone to see if Jimin had called or texted at least once. But there was nothing.

I really hope he comes...

You kept repeating to yourself. You were deep in your thoughts, until there was a knock on the wall behind you.
"Y/N, are you ready?" You heard Lisa call out.
"Hm? Yea." You opened the curtain from your dressing area and saw Lisa's jaw drop.
"You look gorgeous Y/N!" She squealed as she grabbed your hand.
"Give me a twirl!"
You chuckled as she spun you around completely.
"You are literally flawless it's unfair."
You laughed and intertwined your arm with hers.
"As are you. Your black dress looks great." You complimented her.
"Yea well, backup wears black." She joked as she nudged your shoulder.
"Where's Jungkook?"
"He's here. Go practice some of your harmonies, we're on in half a hour."
You gave her an okay with your fingers before knocking on Jungkook's door.
"Come in!" He shouted from the other side.
You opened the door, and saw Jungkook in a red button up shirt, tucked into his black pants and shoes.
"Woah Kookie, looking spicy." You joked as you took a seat on the stool.
"Not to shabby yourself Y/N. What's up? You need something?"
"Eh? Oh, Lisa wanted me to practice with you..." You informed him as you fidgeted your fingers. Jungkook chuckled and ruffled your hair slightly, so he wouldn't mess it up.
"Are you nervous Y/N?" He questioned putting his hands in his pockets.
"Oh...yea, but not because I'll mess up. What if Jimin doesn't come..?" You mumbled as you looked at your maknae for answers.
"He'll show. God he better or I'm fighting him. For you personally Y/N." He stated, attempting to lighten the mood. You giggled and nudged him away from you playfully, before brushing your hair behind your ear.
"You think he'll come?"
"I talked to him, but there's no way I know for sure. Sorry Y/N..." Jungkook admitted scratching his head.
"Yah, you are so bad at this. You're supposed to tell me he's definitely coming." You joked rolling your eyes, crossing your arms.
Jungkook laughed and shook his head.
"Yea well, it's better to keep the other possibilities in mind."
You cleared your throat and stood up from your seat.
"You're right. Maybe...maybe it's just not our time..." you frowned as you looked down at your feet. Jungkook put his hand on your shoulder and patted it lightly.
"If your love is strong, things will work out Y/N. Promise." Jungkook gave you his cute bunny smile and pinched your cheek.
"Hey hey, I'm wearing makeup."
You slapped his hand away and laughed alongside him, before actually practicing your harmonies.