Chapter 30: Don't You Trust Me?

"Okay everyone, take five. We'll run it twice through and you're free to go." Yoongi explained as he cracked his knuckles.
You stretched your arms as you got up from your seat.
"Y/N." Hoseok called out in the doorway. You turned your attention to him, and he simply waved you over to him. You walked over to the doorway and out into the hallway with Hoseok.
"I heard you got accepted to Juilliard, congratulations!"
"Seriously?! Who told you?" You yell whispered. Hobi chuckled and stuffed his hands in his pockets.
"I have my sources. But if you have to know, your sunshine of a brother told me."
"Aish that little-"
"Y/N, we're starting soon, go get water." Yoongi interrupted, giving you a concerned look. "We don't want you getting sick." He reminded you, shutting the door afterward. You sighed and narrowed your eyes at Hoseok.
"He's so dead when I get home." You mumbled as you walked to the water fountain. Hoseok laughed and followed you to the fountain. Probably to harass you with more questions.
"But aren't you excited? You get to live in America, see New York. Aren't you happy?"
You ignored his question as you continued to sip your water.
"That can't be it. You're probably thrilled huh?" He whispered answering his own question. "Well then are you nervous? Jimin know's right? You told him you were-"
You stopped drinking your water and stepped on his foot. Hobi let out a small yelp of pain when you came in contact with him.
"Ow! Y/N that hurt!" He yelled holding his foot in his hands.
"Well life hurts sometimes." You replied crossing your arms, trying not to laugh too loudly at his pain. He slowly put his foot back onto the ground before placing his hands on his hips.
"So you haven't told Jimin, that's why you're not too excited? You know I'm sure he'd be thrilled."
"Yea, but what if he's not? What if he lets go of me. Let's go of us?" You whispered tucking a stray hair behind your ear.
"Y/N, he wouldn't do that. You completely changed him. I'm sure it would be better if he knew." He lectured you. You groaned and rubbed your head.
"You're not the first person telling me that. I want to tell him, but I can't." You mumbled.
"Yea, but it'll all go well. Trust me. Plus, he-"
"Y/N ah~ Yoongi wants to run the song now. Are you ready?" Jungkook questioned from down the hall.
"Yea, I'll be there in a sec!" You yelled back. You looked back to Hoseok, who had his hands in his pockets, his eyebrow raised.
"I'm telling him after the competition." You mumbled. Before Hobi could say a word, you walked back down the hall and into the practice room, leaving him standing by the fountain alone.

Jimin's P.O.V:

I was just sitting in the staircase, since I had nothing better to do while I waited for Y/N. Suddenly, I heard a door close, so I left the stair case and turned my head around the corner, where I saw Y/N talking to Hoseok. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but Y/N seemed a little sad.
Maybe I should go over there...
I thought. Just as I was about to take another step, she began walking to the water fountain, Hoseok not too far behind her. Yet again, there was whispering, Y/N had stepped on his foot when he said something else. I still couldn't hear, but I could've sworn I heard him say my name. I took another step to try and hear them better.

"So you haven't told Jimin, that's why you're not too excited?"

Huh? Told me what?
I was too in my thoughts to really hear anything else.

I know Y/N isn't cheating, but I couldn't shake that something was wrong.
Did she find out about me? It would explain why she's been a little awkward from time to time. My brain is pretty much slush right about now.
Aish, what's happening?!

Y/N's voice had suddenly snapped me out of what I had been thinking.
"I'm telling him after the competition." She mumbled to him. Hoseok stood at the fountain and watched as Y/N walked back into the room. I checked my phone for the time.

She gets out in 5 minutes.

I sighed and walked over to Hoseok and tapped his shoulder.
"Ah, h-hey Jiminie, when'd you get here?" He stuttered giving me and awkward smile.
"Is Y/N okay? I saw you two talking."
"Y-you did? Did you hear?"
My eyes narrowed.
"No. I didn't. Was there something I was supposed to?"
Hoseok gulped and smiled brighter.
"N-no not at all. We were uh...talking about..the competition?"
I scoffed subtly and patted his shoulders, leaning closer to his ear.
"You're acting very suspicious hyung." I whispered. I could feel his shoulders tense up a little bit.
"Jimin-"

Before he could continue, I walked toward the practice room and waited by the door with my arms crossed. Patiently waiting for Y/N to come back.

End of Jimin P.O.V:

You ran the song with Jungkook and the others twice through, and was able to successfully get through them flawlessly. When practice was over, you were the last one in there by yourself. You slowly packed up and swung your bag over your shoulder, when you heard the door close. You turned your attention to the door, where you found Jimin.
"Hey twinkle toes." You greeted him as you walked toward him. Jimin smiled and kissed you sweetly, a little needy even. Like it was going to be his last.
After a few seconds, he disconnected and grabbed your hands firmly before clearing his throat.
"Jimin are you okay..?" You whispered as you brushed the bangs out of his eyes.
"Y/N...I um..I heard you talking to Hoseok earlier."
You felt your heart sink at his worried expression.
"Oh..you did huh..?" You mumbled, putting your head down.
"Not all of it, but just that you needed to tell me something...Y/N you know you can talk to me right? Don't you trust me?"
"I do it's just-" you took a deep breath. "I just don't know how to tell you what I need to." You explained.
"Y/N.." He frailly whispered as he caressed your cheek with his thumb. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing..nothing."
"Y/N-"
You broke from his grasp and wiped your face before tears could run down.
"Can we just go? Please?"
You walked toward the door, but Jimin ran in front of you and blocked the door, locking it behind him.
"Not until you tell me." He stated. You could sense the frustration in his voice as the air between you two tensed up.
"Y/N....please..." he begged, his eyes softening.
You ignored him and stuffed your hands in your hoodie pockets. Jimin scoffed and rubbed his forehead.
"Y/N if I know what you're about to say, I don't know if I could forgive you..." he mumbled, putting his hands in his pockets. You couldn't believe what you just heard. Your eyes widened as tears filled them.
"You're jumping to conclusions!" You yelled defending yourself.
"Only because you won't tell me. You're making it seem like such a big deal! Is it?!"
Without thinking, you raised your hand and slapped his cheek.
"You insensitive jerk! Jimin I'm leaving, okay?! I'm! Leaving! That's what I had to tell you!" You shouted, your voice breaking due to the lump in your throat. Jimin was stunned for a little, but held his cheek, his eyes filled with tears. You felt your heart break. Not only did you tell him, but you slapped him, when he hadn't done anything wrong.
"You're...leaving? You're breaking up with me?"
"W-what? N-no! I-"
"You were going to wait till after the competition to tell me you were breaking up with me?"
"Jimin that's not it. Listen-"
"No I've heard plenty. Tell someone else to support you at your show tomorrow. Because I won't be there. Not anymore."
Before you could say another word, he left the room, slamming the door behind him.
Did we just...break up?

A/N:
Wow 🙈