17: Who is that sex on legs?

Rosie's Pov

Being late for class was never my thing and I make sure I never is late for any of my classes or anything. I always set my alarm every night before going to bed but today out of all the days, my alarm clock battery ran out when I got such an important lecture first thing in the morning.

Darn it.

I ran towards my first class of the day with all the speed I could muster up.

I was already running five minutes late.

Oh how I wish I was Usian Bolt right now.

Me running late was not enough of a bad luck apparently as I saw Lucas walking the opposite way, giving me a weird look.

I bet I looked like Naomi Campbell walking the catwalk. I thought sarcastically to myself.

And seeing him was again not enough of a bad luck as he had to open his mouth, "Rosie, can I-"

"I am late for my lecture, bye." I yelled over my shoulder, ignoring his arm that was stretched towards me and his mouth opened.

I stopped for a minute to catch my breath before continuing with my run taking a corner.

Almost there.

I saw my classroom door and increased my speed with a wide grin.

But I knew seeing Lucas and hearing his voice would be a bad luck as the next thing I know, I was on the floor with my books scattered.

"Bloody biscuits." I cried running a frustrated hand over my face. Without wasting another minute, I started gathering my books and a hand shot out to help me.

Whoever the guy was picked up my file and the papers that left the bind of the file when I fell down and I picked my two books.

I removed my hair that was all over my face from my fall and saw it was Owen who had my file in his hand.

"Rosie." His tone surprised to see my face and I gave him an awkward wave. He offered me his hand and I accepted it as he helped me up from the floor.

I most probably be looking like a person who shot straight out of the bed with her clothes all wrinkled and hair like a bird's nest.

If he's thinking that then he's almost right.

When I realised I overslept, I shot out of the bed and threw in a t-shirt and jeans without so much of a shower but at least I brushed my teeth and washed my face with water then grabbed whatever books were on my study table running all the way to college without much of a second glance at my back.

"Are you okay?" Owen's voice held concern and he looked at me all over, searching for any kind of injury perhaps.

"Yes, yes. I am fine. Thank you for your help but I am late for my lecture so bye." I said all of it in one breath and with a quick wave thrown his way I ran towards my class.

*

I held the back of my neck and worked my head, trying to ease the muscles there.

"You look tired." Kyle pointed out the obvious.

"I am tired." I rolled my eyes at him. We both have an off period, while the rest of our friends got classes.

"Let's go and sit under that tree." Kyle pointed at a large tree then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards it. I looked down at our adjoined hands and smiled.

My heart fluttering just by his small gesture.

"What are you smiling at?" Kyle asked, his tone suspicious.