41: How to start again?

Rosie's Pov

My head hurts.

My heart ached.

I was tired.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I removed my arm away from my eyes to see a fuming Hansita.

I sat upright on my bed confused by her obvious anger which was directed at me. Not understanding her anger towards me, I asked instead. "When did you get here?" At my question, she looked even more angry if possible.

What exactly did i do?

"It's Friday already." Hansita shouted with clear frustration in her voice and face, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, it is." I said slowly, still lost why she was angry.

"So did you talk with him?" Hansita asked, keeping her hands on her hips. By him, I knew she was referring to Kyle.

Pinning me down with a hard stare, she waited for my response but I had my doubts that she already knew the answer.

I stayed mum, avoiding her eyes as my eyes focused on my bed spread which had butterflies on it. I traced the outline of one particular yellow butterfly, studying it when i felt a pillow being thrown my way.

I squeaked at my head being suddenly attacked by something before glaring at Hansita.

"You need to get your shit together." Hansita's face was twisted in annoyance. "How long are you planning to keep him waiting? Don't you think he has suffered enough?" Hansita asked, glaring at me with such intensity that my already guilty conscious skyrocketed.

I couldn't answer her because I didn't know what I was going to do myself.

Amelia had called the previous day, trying to get me to talk with Kyle. Then Hannah was the next to call me informing me about Kyle's state and how he was in a terrible shape and i need to do something about it.

And I promised both of them that i will talk with him but i still didn't.

I don't know what was holding me back from picking up my phone and dialling his number.

I was hurt that he lied, yes. But I have come to terms with it. Then why was I scared?

"Are you even listening to me?" Hansita stood at the edge of my bed, a glare still intact on her face. "He's hurting, if you don't already know. Cut that guy some slack. He don't deserve this." Hansita was right and it somehow irked me.

I had told her about what had happened that night at the party and the lie Kyle told me. Hansita didn't say anything but she did tell me to do what was right.

"Don't you think I know that." I snapped finally, glaring at her. Hating her for a second for being dead right. "I know he don't deserve it. I know he don't deserve how I am treating him. He don't deserve someone like me. I know he deserve someone so much better. Better than me." My voice cracked at the last sentence as I voiced out my insecurities.

Putting my insecurities to words, it ten folded.

I realised I was scared.

I was scared that he'll finally realise I was not worth the trouble and leave me.

I was scared that he'll find someone who wouldn't treat him like I did in the last couple of days. Almost a week now.

I was scared if the next time I see him, he will see how he wasted his time on me and will break ties with me.

To say, I was stalling it as much as I can.

"Are you crazy?" Hansita squeaked, her face masked in bewilderment after hearing me. Taking a seat before me on my bed, she placed her hand on my thigh.