20: What Owen knows?

Rosie's Pov

"Maybe Sasha was the one who initiated the kiss." Hannah was quick to add after Zander said those three words that left a sour taste in my mouth and an acting heart.

"Kyle would never do that." Amelia said weakly, worry etched on her face as her eyes moved to me.

I scoffed at her words. Kyle was a known player so there was no reason he wouldn't do that. It doesn't matter who initiated that kiss, what mattered was if he had kissed her back or not and well, I sure was confident he had.

"Maybe it's not what it looks like." Zander gave me a concerned smile and I averted my eyes away from him to the grass underneath me.

"Kyle doesn't even like Sasha, he likes-" Ryan was cut off when my phone started ringing.

I took it out from my pocket and checked the caller. It was an unknown number.

Thinking it might be one of my cousins, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Oh hey, Rosie. It's me." My forehead creased at the familiar male voice but I couldn't put a finger on who that me was but before I could ask, he said his name. "Oh shit, I mean Owen, it's me, Owen."

I heard him let out an awkward laugh making me smile a little at his nervousness. "Oh hi Owen."

Hannah and Amelia stared at me with wide eyes while Ryan and Zander sported a confused look. "Owen who?" Ryan blurted out loud.

"Um, are you busy?" I heard Owen's voice which made me glare at Ryan. Hannah elbowed him in the stomach making him yelp.

"No, I am not." I answered quickly.

I wanted to ask how he got my number but he beat me to it. "You must be thinking how I got your number."

I nodded my head curiously but when I realized he couldn't see me, I said, "Yeah." I mumbled sheepishly with I saw my friends give me a duh look.

Owen let out a light laugh before saying, "I asked Kyle."

"He gave it to you?" I asked, my stomach twisted at what he said.

"Actually no." Owen said with a paused in between his words which made me confuse.

"Huh? But you said..."

"I will tell you some other time." Owen said clearing his throat. In a distance, I saw Kyle walking towards us balancing the six soft drinks on top of the book but that was not what made my blood boil, it was a certain tall, gorgeous girl who was walking beside him.

Sasha coldwater.

My blood boiled, even though her surname had cold in it, by looking at her and I gritted my teeth in annoyance and anger. When my friends saw my annoyed expression they eyes followed the direction where I was glaring at.

Owen was saying something but I didn't hear half of what he said. "...your time. Rose. Rose?"

"Uh, yeah." I averted my eyes away from the approaching two figures and focused on what Owen was saying.

"Are you okay?" I heard Owen's concerned voice and something snapped in me.

"Owen, do you remember, you asked me something yesterday?" I asked with determination and surety. Amelia probably saw my expression as she shook her head vigorously at me mouthing no, her eyes begging me.

Hannah caught onto what was going on and what I planned to do and she gasped. "Don't do it." She whispered, staring at me with clear disapproval on her face.