27: Can I get a kiss?

Rosie's Pov

By the time, I got out of my shocked state, the first thing I did was throw myself on my bed, screaming into the pillow to muffle my voice.

Embarrassment and humiliation coursed through me at Kyle's unexpected exit.

Why did he run away? Was he scared? Was he shock? Was he second guessing his feelings?

With all sorts of questions running on my mind, I was angry, hurt and upset.

I didn't move a muscle from my faced down position on my bed until I was on the brink of suffocation. I turned my head and faced the wall, letting as much oxygen in my lungs as I could.

I thought Kyle wouldn't be coming back after the dash he made when he heard what I said but ten minutes later I heard the door open slowly, before I heard his voice. "Rose." His voice held a tinge of hesitation and nervousness in it.

My blood boiled at the familiar sound and the previous humiliation I felt came rushing back to me but I tried to contain it, as much as I could.

When I didn't answer, Kyle sighed mumbling something under his breath. I heard his footsteps before I felt his presence at the head of my bed. I had my eyes opened but my locks were blocking him from viewing the half side of my face.

"Rose." He called me out, this time, his voice sounded like he was near, hovering over my ear until I felt his breath on my ear. "Now is not the good time to sleep." I could sense the laugh in his voice which infuriated me.

How dare he?

"Get away from me." I growled, my face still hidden by my locks from his view.

I felt his fingers on my cheek as he pushed the locks away from my face. I slapped his hand away and turned around to glare at him.

He was hovering over the side of me, so up closed to my face which made me feel weak and my heart started beating wildly by our current state.

My resolve was breaking and I couldn't have that so I pushed at his chest as hard as I could and he stood up straight.

I get off from my bed all the while glaring at the guilty looking boy in front of me. "What do you want?" I asked sassily with my arms crossed and my head held high.

Deep down, I was crawling on the floor because of the embarrassment and humiliation I felt but I wouldn't let him get the satisfaction by showing it on my face.

Kyle noted the anger in my voice and he had the audacity to look confused. "Why are you mad?" He asked seeming shock by my reaction.

Was he seriously asking me that? He ran away after I confessed my feelings to him. Can he be anymore stupid? Or was he pretending to not know?

"Who says I am?" I maintained my composure and tried to appear as calm as I could.

Kyle didn't buy it though as he said. "I know you're mad... at me." He said it as a matter of fact and I wanted to smack him upside down on his head for pointing out the obvious but he was not done spouting out rubbish as he asked. "But why?"

I gave him a murderous look and he actually was sensible enough to look intimidated. "You tell me why?" I spat out bitterly wanting him to cut the I don't know what you're talking about act and be serious because I was in no mood to play around.

"How would I know?" Kyle asked me with an incredulous look making me scrutinized his every word and action.

He seriously looked lost by my behaviour.

"Are you stupid?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

"Well, I don't know. Not knowing why you're mad at me makes me stupid then yes, I am." Kyle said with a roll of his eyes.