31: New roommate, new friends?

Rosie's Pov

"Here."

I snapped my head in the direction of Julia who had her hands stretched handing me the keys.

Room 202.

I accepted the keys from her hand and thanked her before looking back to where I was staring before she called me out, room 202.

The trip to my new dorm room was short and in silence. Both of us remained mute and the only sound was of the trolleys being dragged behind us.

Julia smiled at me softly before leaving my bags beside me, turning around to walk away.

I stopped her wanting to clear things out with her. "Julia." She halted in her tracks and turned around with a confuse stare.

"Yes." A kind smile graced her face. Her expression kind and ready to help me if that was the reason I had called her for but I didn't call her for that.

"Um... I wanted to ask you something." I said, swallowing back my pride and self respect for a second.

"Sure." Julia smiled, not having a clue what I wanted to ask from her.

I didn't want to ask her this either but I don't want to be disturbed by this thought later on either. I wanted to get rid of his unsettling feeling that had settled in me when I saw her reaction towards Kyle in our dorm room.

Our.

I no long stay there and it was no longer ours. It was his now, only his.

Focusing back at the task at hand, I met her eyes and asked her what I wanted to. "Why did you looked so uncomfortable around Kyle?"

I didn't bother to beat around the bush and directly cut to the chase.

The sooner I know, the better or it may be a reverse of what I was expecting and may dampened my mood instead but i didn't care.

As expected, her kind smile vanished and surprise took over her features. Her eyes wide and mouth closing and opening like a fish.

With a tilt of my head, I studied her reaction at my question, she looked flushed and like a deer caught in headlights.

When she finally found her voice, she said. "It's not l-like that." Her stuttering clearly showed her discomfort with the question i had asked which fuelled my curiosity.

"Then?" I pressed studying her every reaction.

She hesitated for a while but it wasn't long until she clarified her actions. "It's just...i heard so much about Kyle. People talk and I heard some rumours about him." Julia said wringing her fingers nervously.

She had that meek kind of aura around her and judging by the way she was responding to me, she seemed scared and ashamed when she shouldn't be.

Maybe I was too straight forward. Before apologizing for scaring her I decided to ask her about the rumours she heard so I questioned her about it.

"What kind of rumours?" I was curious yet scared of what kind of rumours it might be that she had heard and was going around in our college.

No fire can spread if there wasn't a spark.

And just like that, rumours got at the very least 10 percent truth in them and the rest 90 percent are exaggerations made by the rumours spreader.

Julia shook her head furiously at my question. "It doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter. You're with him now. That's all that ma-matters." She was quick to answer.