38: Why you shouldn't lie?

Rosie's Pov

Silence engulfed in the car like a thick blanket, that I felt like I could almost feel it on my finger tips. Kyle withdrew his hand away from my face and his jaw ticked.

I met his stare evenly and waited for his response. Fear was gnawing inside of me, churning my insides upside down in anticipation for his answer.

I knew it. I expected his answer. I had my doubts on it but, hearing him say it out loud still hurt, it felt like someone stabbing a knife in my chest and twisting it painfully.

"Yes, I lied." His face says it all, how sorry he was and how he wished it to not be true. But it was.

I swallowed hardly, giving him a slow nod. I couldn't look at him anymore. I couldn't look at his face.

I love him. I love him so much but we started our relationship with a lie, no, he started our relationship with a lie.

He lied on my face so boldly. Said he got no past with Sasha so smoothly like it was normal for him to lie.

How can I trust him now? What things had he kept from me? How many lies had me fed me so far?

Unasked questions resonated on my mind, as it felt like a nail being hit repeatedly on my head.

When he admitted, my first instinct was to get out of the car and run all the way to my room but that was not going to solve anything.

I had to face this situation squarely and sensibly instead of running.

Running wouldn't get us anywhere.

Running didn't get me anywhere with Lucas. I shouldn't have run when I heard him say all those things about me instead I should have stood my ground and demand him right there why he was badmouthing about me when he was one of my closest friend.

If only I had did it the right way back then, I wouldn't have been miserable about Lucas all these years. That incident wouldn't have haunted me and may be, it would have been easy for me to forgive Lucas and release myself from this burden.

But this time, I will do it right. No more running.

Kyle was studying me. He was gauging my every reaction, every change in behaviour and waited for my next move.

"How many lies did you feed me?" I asked, forming my hands laying on my lap in a fist. I needed to know if he had lied to me about anything else other than that Sasha.

"God, no." Kyle said with so much force as he gripped my fists, covering them with his large, warm hands. He was looking at me tenderly and with numerous emotions crossing over his features- nervous, fear, vulnerability, guilt...love?

I looked down at our hands unable to meet his eyes.

I wanted to believe him but it was hard knowing he wasn't honest with me from the start and I know for sure, it wasn't for the lack of opportunities. He got a number of opportunities to tell me about it but he repeatedly kept on lying to my face.

"You need to trust me, Rose." Kyle's voice was pleading, begging at me to believe him.

No matter what, I still do trust him.

I pulled my hands away from his warm ones wanting to be by myself and not to be biased by his touch. "No, no, no, babe." Kyle was quick to hold my hands, keeping them back where they previously were. "I am sorry, okay. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done what I did. I am sorry. Please." He said desperately, holding my hands. His thumb rubbing the back of my hand unknowingly, like he always do when we hold hands.