34: Forgive who?

Rosie's Pov

With her earpiece plucked in, Hansita hummed along the song she was listening too.

I walked in steps with her, our arms linked. Hannah and Amelia had class now while I got an off period so I joined Hansita who also had an off period and was heading out to eat something.

Whereas, the guys- Kyle, Zander and Ryan were in the field playing football.

"Nooo..." Hansita groaned halting in her tracks. She pulled her arm away from mine and plucked the earpiece out as she looked down at her phone in anger.

"What's wrong?" I asked her curiously looking at her blank screen.

"My phone is dead." She huffed rolling the earpiece on her phone before stuffing them in her pockets.

We were on our way to eat our lunch, there's a small restaurant/cafe outside of our campus so we were heading there straight to fill our empty stomachs.

Hansita linked her arms with mine and we started walking again.

"By the way, I saw Kyle today." Hansita smiled widely wiggling her eyebrows at me. "He's a hottie."

"And he is all mine." I said smugly making her stick her tongue out at me.

"I didn't mean to but I may have said some-"

"Hansita!" I heard someone yell from behind us making Hansita turn around abruptly turning me around along with her.

I saw a boy with slight stubble, fair skin and had spectacles on. He was tall and of medium built. He was handsome in a good nerdy boy kind of way. Hansita smiled at the sight of him and he had a smile too.

Upon reaching us, he didn't say anything and neither did Hansita. His smile was warm and his eyes were filled with so much tenderness which were directed at Hansita but i couldn't say Hansita had the same expression too.

"Ameer." Hansita acknowledged him which snapped him out of his dazed state which he got into at the sight of Hansita.

He blinked rapidly and cleared his throat. "Thank you so much for that day, Hansita." Ameer said smiling gratefully at Hansita.

"No problem, Ameer." Hansita said with a smile before introducing us. "Ameer, meet my friend, Rosie." Ameer offered me his hand to shake and I took it smiling at him slightly. "And Rosie, this is Ameer, my friend." We shook hands and muttered our greetings.

I saw Ameer wince slightly at Hansita's last two words which went unnoticed by Hansita but I shrugged it off not giving much attention to it as i thought I might had imagined it.

Ameer had a smile as he asked Hansita. "You got an off class now, don't you?"

Hansita looked surprise but nodded her head at his question nonetheless. "Yeah, how do you know?"

Ameer grinned at her charmingly as he shrugged slightly. "So where were you guys heading?"

"We were going out for lunch." Hansita answered him and he looked slightly disappointed with her answer.

It was obvious, as clear as the blue sky that Ameer was head over heels in love with Hansita by way his eyes lit up at the sight of her and how he looked at her when she was talking.

But I couldn't say the same about Hansita. It seemed like she didn't notice any of his reactions towards her or may be she did notice but was good at ignoring it.

Deciding to find out for myself, I came up with a plan. "Ameer, why don't you join us?" I offered praying he would take up the offer and he didn't disappoint me.