29: Daddy?

Rosie's Pov

One week later...

I scanned the whole campus for the familiar faces of my friends yet I couldn't see one.

When I planned on giving up my search, my phone started blaring. "Hey, where are you guys?" I asked as soon as I picked the call up.

"Zander and I went to grab lunch of all of us. We are on our way back." Amelia's voice reached my ears. As soon as she finished her sentence, my stomach growled.

"I am starving!" I exclaimed plopping myself under our usual place- under the large eucalyptus tree.

"We'll be there in five minutes." Amelia paused before asking, "Where is Hannah and Ryan?"

"I don't know. I didn't see them." Saying this, I scanned the faces of the nearby students scattered on the campus yet I couldn't see them. "And when you reach the campus, come to our spot." I didn't have to say where.

"Okay, sure." Amelia said and we ended the call after saying our goodbyes.

I kept my books on my lap and opened it, going through the notes I scribbled down in today's lectures. "I need to improve my handwriting." I scrunched my nose at my own handwriting, a dirty scribble- result of writing super fast when the professors were going at the speed of a train.

I checked the time on my phone and waited for Kyle's return. We were on our way out of the college building and towards our campus together when he was needed in the faculty office by one of the professors.

He was probably being called regarding his irregular attendance.

With my head still down, going through my filled pages, I felt a shadow loom over me making me grin widely.

"What took you so...." I lifted my head up to look at Kyle but I stopped mid sentence when I saw someone else who was not Kyle glaring down at me. "Long?" I finished with a slight raised of an eyebrow.

Sasha's four inch block heels was making her look taller than she already was, and with her height and our opposite position, she looked like a giant to me.

When she didn't state her reason to be here and kept glaring, I asked. "What do you want?" I was trying to be as civil as I could be with a girl who wanted my man and didn't even hide it.

Her glare intensified and after scrutinising me for one whole minute, she suddenly scoffed. "What did he even see in you?" She had a disgusted look on her face as if I wasn't even there.

"Excuse me." I glared back at her and didn't bother to hide my annoyance. "If you're done, you can leave." I shooed her with a flick of my wrist which made her face turn red in anger.

"How dare you? You don't deserve him." She hissed leaning down a little. I didn't move an inch from my position and was seated how I was when she came to talk to me.

I scoffed at her words. "So you deserve him?"

"Yes." Her response was almost instant and without hesitation. "He was supposed to be with me and he was with me until you came along." She was shaking with anger, her eyes in slits and filled with so much hatred which she directed at me.

"He was never yours." I pointed it out to her and I saw hurt flashed in her eyes before it soon vanished making me doubt what I saw.

"You stole him away from me." She said maliciously.

Our position and her height was irking me and made me feel at a slight disadvantage so I stood up to meet her stance.

Even her attitude and words were infuriating me, she was a of couple inches taller than me but I met her eyes squarely. "What is this? Are we in high school? Stop with the drama."