Love me till eternity - Book VIII (Part 5)

I got ready for the interview in formal lemon color shirt and black pants. Emma helped me to prepare for the interview and she also dropped me to the Foy's office building. Bidding my bye, I entered the main gate. It was tallest building which structure was made of finest glass. I headed inside the building and went to reception room. A very young beautiful girl approached towards me the moment I stepped in,

"Hello mam, Have you taken appointment?"

"Yes"

"Ok. Your name please?"

"Kristen....., Kristen Reed" I said.

She checked on her laptop scrolling the list on the screen; she said, "Yes, we had your name here, please go to the 15th floor, Office No. 03, Boss is already waiting for your interview. I will just inform him that you are already here." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome Mam." She responded.

..............

My palms are sweating heavily as lift is taking me to 15th floor, I am becoming so much nervous. Calm down Kristen, you will do your best in interview. Don't get nervous. Taking a long breath, I reached to the door of office No. 03.

"May I come in sir?" I asked composing myself. I couldn't see the face because his face was hidden into the laptop before his desk.

"Yeah, Come in." the very handsome face said settling himself on his chair.

His face was stern. Eyes sharp, nose straight and chiselled stubble were made him look so dashing and dominating. I saw his gaze studying me when I headed inside and sat on chair before him.

"Hello sir......" Before I continue, he cut me off, "You are ten minutes late." He said looking me squarely.

Great! So he is not like his grandma. He is stern and rough just suitable for arrogant boss personality. But I can't let go this job. I am also little mad on Emma, because of her I am late for my interview but I thought ten minutes wouldn't mess my day.

"I am so sorry sir. I don't have my own vehicle sir, but my friend Emma has her own car, I tried to wake her up early morning but she is such a sleepy head. She didn't budge though I tried hard to drag her out of bed. It would never happen again. Once I join, I will come by local vehicles to office. I would come before my time, I promise sir" I started rambling and then I saw his lips thinned to small smile but then it disappeared in flash.

"Done?" he asked coldly.

"Sorry sir, but trust me I am punctual about time." I said sheepishly.

"You should be, because I don't want late comers in my office." He said in cold yet threatening tone.

"My Grandma recommended your name and I have already checked your resume. You are qualified to take up this vacant place in our purchase department. You may join the office from tomorrow." He said, this time he wasn't looking at me but signing over some documents.

Did my interview is over? Oh my god! I got the job.

"Thank you so much sir." I said smiling. But he didn't smile back.  Rude!

"Should I take leave now?" I asked softly.

"Yeah." He said looking at his apple phone. I stood up from chair and went out. 

Hush!...now I am feeling relax. And of course, I am so much happy that I finally got a good job without much struggle. I immediately called Mom (Mrs Granger) to tell her the good news and later I called Emma too. I bought Butterscotch Ice-cream pack and pizza to have our little celebration for my new job.

to be continued.....

Kindly Vote, Comment & Share!! Love xoxo <3