Love me till eternity - Book XV (Part 5)

"But you've slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart."

****

I was in the car with Ray driving me to my home. He wasn't talking a word neither was I. Tears just kept rolling down my eyes silently as I kept looking out from the car window. I don't know why these all strange things are happening to me, I couldn't decide whether it's real or just a dream; but I know it was all real unfortunately. The only man I loved from my heart isn't human but a vampire. And what did he say, that I am too immortal, how could I be? Was he lying to Cody just to save my life? Oh god this is so confusing, my head is thumping badly.

Car came halting in front of the building entrance where my apartment is.

"Hey Iris, I know it was too much for you to take it what happened at my house,

I know you are not totally human or totally immortal but anyways; don't stress yourself. Everything will be fine." Ray said in comforting tone. I nodded my head without meeting his eyes and turned to leave.

"One more thing,

I want you to keep this secret safe with you, don't tell anyone that...."

I didn't let him finish, "I know, I won't tell anyone."

"Okay....Goodnight." he said and drove off his car.

I headed towards my home; I want answers to all the questions haunting hell out of me.

..................................

"Hey baby, where were you all day? Clean yourself, today I made all the dinner and all the menus are your favourite sweetie." My mom said excitingly when I entered the living room.

"Mom, I need to talk with you." I said before she headed to the kitchen.

"of course we can talk while having dinner, you look so dull and tired baby, go get fresh now..."

"MOM, I SAID I NEED TO TALK WITH YOU RIGHT NOW" I half yelled at her as I was too much frustrated and I have no more patience to deal with this.

"Ok..Ok...tell me. I am listening." She said composing herself and sat down on the chair. I exhaled deeply and found myself asking her directly,

"What is that secret which you hid from me, mom?"

She looked startled with my sudden question,

"WHAT?" What secret you are talking about? I think you are too much stressing on your studies nowadays." Her words came with stutter. That means she is surely hiding something from me.

"Please mom, I know we only look like humans but we are not humans; I had this feeling that dad knew this truth about you and that's why he left us, that's why he never love and care for me." I said sobbing harshly as all the pain came rushing to my chest. Mom came and pulled me into hug.

"Please don't cry hon, I will tell you everything. please calm down." She said rubbing my spine up down to calm me.

"We are cursed witches. Long time ago, witches were very powerful, they can do unbelievable things with their magical chants. Witches were able to have their own blood baby with magical chants. But those powers led them on wrong path, witches became threat to the human lives, they started abusing humans which caused Angel's Queen Emma to get angry. She gave this curse to all the witches that no witch can create her own blood baby by using magical chants. Every witch is compelled to marry with human and give birth to the human child if they want their magical powers back. Again these powers should be utilised only for the well-being of the humans."