Chapter 2 - Weakening Bonds

Link's POV
YOU DID WHAT?!

I angrily scribbled on my notepad as Groose explained to me how Ghirahim came to be in Skyloft.

"You told me to deal with the sword! It proved impossible to destroy, and I didn't want to leave it on the surface for anyone to stumble across it! So I thought it'd be safest to keep it here, where we can keep an eye on him! Anyway, Impa strengthened the bonds holding him to his sword, so he shouldn't be getting free anytime soon. Chill"

I rapidity scribbled another note to Groose and tore the page out, handing it to him.

I understand that you thought this was a good idea, but now he's gained entry to our only safe place! He couldn't get to Skyloft before, but now he sure a hell can. Oh, and did I mention he was WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE yesterday evening?! I was stood at the very edge of the graveyard, a bit up the hill! And you said his sword was where? Buried next to my father's grave, which is right by the edge of the island?! Don't 'his bonds aren't loosening' me! He managed to get a good distance from his sword, so don't tell me to chill! Especially when he straight up told me he wants my obedience or some shit! This is so screwed up!

"I know where you're coming from buddy I really do. But he can't get completely free of his sword, and besides, surely he can't leave Skyloft without his sword? It's alright, Link. We'll just call good ol' Impa back to re-strengthen the bonds"

I don't give a damn whether he can leave Skyloft or not! If he can get to me he might molest me in my room or something, and I don't have the Master Sword anymore. Even if I was allowed to keep a sword on me from the sparring hall, I don't think it'd even scratch him!

"Look, Link. You'll be fine. You've got me, as well as everyone able to wield a sword in Skyloft to defend you. After you re-sealed Demise for good and saved Zelda, it's the least we can do. He won't touch you, not whilst we're around!"

Groose seemed so confident, and I'd love to believe him, I really would. But I know he won't be able to protect me, nobody will. Not from him. If only he knew what the demon lord is truly capable of...

Ghirahim's POV
Ah... I was so close... Had he been an inch closer, I would have been able to touch him...

But for now, that was not to be. Soon, though. Very soon.

As soon as I get my hands on him, I won't let him get away easily. He'll be mine. Just imagine it! The sky hero, kneeling at my feet, obedient to my every command! Oh, but that's only part of the fun. Breaking him will be the best part, and I'll savour ever minute.

I don't care what happens to Demise, he can rot in his prison for all I care. I only helped him because he was my master at the time, and I wanted to be on the winning side of the war I was sure he'd win. Alas, that was no to be.

But thanks to some idiotic boy with even stupider hair, I was brought to the land in the sky, where my Skychild lives. It was almost too perfect!

I can practically feel the thread that binds us wrapping around him and pulling him closer to me, and it fills me with a giddy sense of delight.

Ah yes, that boy will be mine. And sooner than he thinks.