Chapter 37 - Step One

Link's POV
"Master Link, what are you doing?" Fi asked as I made my way out of the Great Tree.

Choosing to ignore her, I went over my plan in my head.

Step one, leave the Master Sword, and therefore Fi, in the temple of the Sealed Grounds. She's better off safe inside there, rather than falling into the hands of Ghirahim again. And this way, someone more cut out to be a hero in future can wield her and fight the darkness better than I ever did. Plus, I know I won't be coming back.

Step two, go back through The Breach and ensure Impa is okay. Then make sure Ghirahim follows through with his end of the bargain and lets her walk free. Not that he's given me reason to trust him.

As for step three, well, I haven't got that far. Ghirahim is too unpredictable to plan that far ahead, and I don't know how I'm going to proceed when it's just the two of us left standing face to face. I don't want to think about it.

Soon, I reached the temple. As suspected, I found it empty. Which is just as well, looking at the way I'm dressed. I don't want to be seen like this, still wearing the collar and the black skintight suit identical to Ghirahim's. How humiliating. It's bad enough that Impa saw me like this before...

I shook my head, trying to clear the negative thoughts. I need to stop being selfish. Impa needs my help!

"Master Link, what do you intend to do?" Fi questioned as I placed her sword down by the tree inside the temple. I sighed.

"Goodbye, Fi. Thank you for everything"

Quickly, I turned on my heel and dashed out of the temple before I could get upset or have second thoughts. This is the only way. I'm out of options.

And Ghirahim's power, now unrestricted, only grows stronger by the day. My chances of beating him in combat were slim before, but now there's no point even trying. In my heart, I know this.

But what disturbs me more is how I feel my body seeming to grow lighter as I got closer to The Breach, and how I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Not all of me felt this way, but a significant part did.

It scares me how my body is starting to almost need his.

I feel so lost.

Ghirahim's POV
"Tick. Tock. Tick, tock. Tick. Tock."

"Stop doing that demon, it's very irritating" the Sheikah grumbled from the other side of the hall, still glaring at me with her arms crossed. I decided to move to the entrance hall, as I suspect my prize will be here again soon.

"It's only a matter of time before he comes crawling back, you know? And if he doesn't come quickly, he knows that it'll be you that suffers"

"Why do you want him so badly, anyway? He's just a child, barely a man!"

I chuckled. Ah, she'll never understand the special connection that we share!

"We're bound by a thread of fate, like I said before. Plus, he intrigues me. And more importantly, when I want something, I will get it"

"So you're a spoilt brat. Figures"

I could have chosen to get angry, but instead, I laughed again. "I suppose I am" I walked over to her, slowly, deliberately, until I was right in front of her. Grabbing her chin and staring directing into her eyes, I whispered "and when you take away my toys, I get angry"

With a snap of my fingers, I disappeared, teleporting to my original position on the stairs.

Yes~ I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my pet when he returns, and then that stupid Sheikah will finally understand how bound to me Link truly is.