Chapter 4 - Plan

Link's POV
As it was getting dark, I eventually decided my best bet was to consult Fi. She seemed to know the answers to everything, so maybe she could help me out this time too.

"Hello, Link. I predict that there is a 97% probability that you need my help?"

Wasting no precious time, I scribbled her a note.

Ghirahim in Skyloft, temporarily bound to sword. Solution?

"If you wish for me to assess how to remove the demon from Skyloft, I predict that there is a 85% chance that if you throw away his sword, he will not be able to return here. If he is still bound"

I let out a groan. I figured the only way to free myself of the demon lord would be something to do with his sword. Which means I'll have to enter the area where I'll be within his grasp.

Another way? I wrote, silently praying that she's say yes.

"There is a 98% chance that there is no alternative"

I let my head fall into my hands. There's no way that I can go into the graveyard, retrieve the buried sword and throw it over the edge of the island without alerting Ghirahim. I'm so screwed.

Then I had an idea.

Can I borrow the Master Sword again to aid me? It's the only way I'll stand a chance. If it all goes wrong, I was tempted to add.

Fi tilted her head to the side for a moment, as if considering my proposal, before she spoke again. "I suppose you will need the help of the sword against the demon who goes by the designation Ghirahim. Very well, Master Link"

Offering her a small nervous smile, I stepped forward and wrapped my hands around the hilt of the sword, pulling it free from the stone with ease. The blade felt so perfect in my hand, as if it was always made just for me. I sighed, knowing I was yet again only borrowing the blade, that it was not mine. How I longed things were different.

"Master Link, it would be wise to wait until sunrise before attempting this" Fi spoke, as if sensing I intended to get this out of the way as quickly as possible. I gave a small nod.

Time is precious, but Ghirahim is still bound for now. I'm tired, and I suppose it would be better to attempt when I'm well rested, and there are people around if anything goes wrong. Not that they'd be able to save me, though.

I don't think anyone would be able to help me if I fell into his hands.

Ghirahim's POV
My first thought was to head straight for where the Skychild lived: Knight Academy. I've listened to many a pointless conversation in order to gain that precious tidbit of information. It saves me from searching the whole island for him at least.

However, even though I longed to just snatch him away, I knew I needed to wait. Play with my food before I eat it, if you will. I need to make him realise how powerless he is, that he doesn't stand a chance against me. I need to turn his hope into despair, and only then can I truly begin to break him into submission.

When put into a situation where they're helpless, people turn to a source of higher power in order to feel a sense of security. And who will Link turn too, in the darkness of despair? Why me, of course! And he'll even crave my presence, eventually.

Hm... so now I just need to find him. I won't take him yet, no, not tonight. Tonight, I scare him. Tonight, I show him who's in control.

I made my way to the academy under the cover of darkness. I wished I could teleport, but I only vaguely know the way and I have no desire to end up in the wrong place.

Soon enough though, I found my way to the academy and stepped inside. The door was unlocked, much to my surprise. Sky people are too trusting, but I can use that to my advantage.

Now, my first challenge. Finding Link's room.

_____________
This is actually quite a long chapter compared to what I intended, guess I got too into it xD
Also three days in a row with an update on each?! I think I've been replaced with someone else, I even updated twice today 😂