Chapter 10 - Just Give In

Link's POV
I grabbed my notebook, curiosity outweighing my fear of the demon in front of me.

Why did you bring me here? Why do you even want me?

Ghirahim glanced down at my note and scoffed.

"And why don't you speak?" When I shrugged, he rolled his eyes. "See, we both have questions. Now why don't you answer mine, verbally?"

I shook my head. I stand by my vow.

"This is going to get old fast, Skychild. Ah, it matters not though. I'll beat a verbal answer out of you at some point. Or maybe you'll beg me for something" he grinned, and I shuddered. I don't want to think about what he's going to do to me.

"Anyway" he continued, throwing his arms out dramatically. "I brought you here because this was never just Demise's seal. No- it's the link between this realm and my own. Which, I'd just like to let you know, both humans and hylians cannot pass through unaided by a demon. And you, Skychild, fall into that category. Once we're in my realm, you're as good as mine"

He'd barely finished speaking when I bolted towards the bird statue I'd seen earlier. No! I can't let him drag me down there! I can't let him, I'll never be free again!

The very thought of being trapped with the demon lord made me tremble uncontrollably as I ran, but it also made my legs pump faster.

To my surprise, I actually made it to the statue, but it wasn't glowing like they used to. I pushed, punched, grabbed and pulled on it desperately. Why isn't it activating? What's going on?!

"Ah yes. I took the liberty of deactivating those, preparing for this scenario. You never fail to amuse me though, Skychild. I half don't want to break you into my perfect submissive, but it'd be a shame to never see you willingly kneeling at my feet, following my every command. Come now, let us be off. We've tarried here too long already"

I shook my head frantically as he approached. I knew he could just teleport to me, that he was toying with me. But I didn't waste this opportunity. I sprinted for the temple.

Maybe if I make it inside, he won't be able to follow? I know it's a long shot, but it's all I have.

However, I'd barely made it three steps before Ghirahim appeared directly in front of me. Unable to change direction, I ran straight into him, falling back.

I landed on my butt, a little shocked as I processed what had just happened. Damn, that hurt.

I didn't have a chance to stand up as Ghirahim bent over me and fastened something around my neck. I soon realised it was a collar when he gave the leather in his hand a sharp tug. I glared fiercely at him, letting out a snarl.

"Bad puppy, snarling and glaring at your Master like that! Oh, don't give me that look. I've given you countless opportunities to be a good boy and just walk with me into my realm, side by side. But no. You chose to be a naughty boy, so you brought this on yourself. Behave like an animal, and you'll get treated like one! Now crawl, there's a good boy! Haha, just messing with you. But if you don't get up and walk right now, I will make you crawl!"

I bared my teeth at him. If he calls me and animal, I might just decide to behave like one and bite him as hard as I can. Unfortunately, I don't think it'd damage him too much. He'll just get even more angry with me.

I got to my feet and walked beside him, on the verge of tears yet again. I feel so completely and utterly powerless. Well, I don't just feel it, I know it.

But I refuse to give him the satisfaction of my submissive obedience. Like I promised, I'll fight him every step of the way. But I have to pick and choose my battles. And now it's not the time to fight.

Ghirahim's POV
My Skychild was silent after that, walking submissively at my side. I held onto his leash still though, not trusting him to stay next to me like a good pet.

I have to admit, he did keep me on my toes! I've not had this much fun in years! But I know eventually, I will grow bored of his games, and my patience will wear out.

Right now, my patience is pretty much at zero, so if he tries to get away from me again today he'll be in real trouble. And I think he's aware of this, as he walks looking at the ground, not alert and looking for an escape route.

As we neared The Breach, I felt my spirits lifting. Very soon, he'll be in my domain. And he won't be able to get free without me, and I'll never let him leave.

Well, technically I lied to him. Yeah, so he can get to the surface without me, but he doesn't need to know that. And don't you even try to tell him, he can't hear you.

Or maybe I'm lying again. You may never know. But don't try.

Oh, don't look at me like that, manipulation and lies are what a demon does best! As well as looking flawless 24/7 in my case, of course.

I let go of the little ex-hero's leash when we were stood at the edge of The Breach. He looked at me in confusion. I smiled at him.

"After you!" I chuckled, giving him a shove. He stumbled, a scream tearing free of his lips as he fell into the darkness.

Now you're all mine, child of the sky.