Chapter 7 - Momentary Respite

Dedicated to j10076828 for being my sole motivation so far to keep writing this fanfiction xD Thank you so much 🙏🏻 ^^

Ghirahim's POV
I went back to the ex-hero's room mid morning the next day, only to find he wasn't there. I know he usually sleeps in, so my mind instantly connected the dots.

He's trying to run away from me.

That makes me very, very angry, but it also makes me extremely excited. I do love the thrill of the chase, it only serves to make my eventual certain victory all the more satisfying.

I can't wait get to my hands on him again, to taste him properly, to make him mine in mind and body, inside and out. Gosh, I need to calm down before I get too aroused!

Just you wait, Skychild. Your hours here are numbered, because I'm coming for you.

Link's POV
I didn't stop until I was as far away from Skyloft as I could possibly get.

I found refuge on an island not many people know about. There's nothing here except for a couple of trees and a lake, but I've always loved to visit here to escape for some peace and quiet where nobody would bother me. I know this probably will only buy me time though, plus I'll have to leave to get food and fresh drinking water.

However, I intend to stay as long as possible. I feel safer here. The sky is my domain, and if I can't escape him on my turf how will I stand a chance on the surface if he ever got me?

My despair was starting to turn into hope again. I'm positive that I can do this!

And then my hopes dwindled, and came crashing down.

Being here, it only buys me more time. I'm not actually free, unless I can remove his sword from Skyloft by throwing it over the edge to the surface below. Which, let's face it, is never going to happen. Fi may as well have told me I have to learn to fly without my loftwing, the task was that impossible. I may as well go back to Skyloft, find Ghirahim, and surrender...

No! What's wrong with me? Why am I giving up, losing hope? This isn't me. I'm the hero who rescued the goddess, the hero who defeated Demise! And I'm letting a sword spirit get the best of me?!

No, I refuse. I'm going to have a few days here to collect my thoughts, calm down and make a plan. Then I'll go back to Skyloft, put said plan into motion and life will go back to normal. Ah, I make it sound so easy. If only that were the case.

Deciding it wasn't worth dwelling on right now, I headed over the the lake to bathe. Carefully folding my clothes, I put them in a pile underneath a tree along with my adventure pouches.

I then stepped into the water, sighing as the warmth hit my skin. This island had thermal vents underground, which heated the lake water. I love coming here, it's so peaceful...

Closing my eyes, I let my body completely relax. This is the first time I've been able to truly relax since he showed up, and I wasn't about the waste the opportunity. Urgh, everything has been so stressful recently, it's so nice to unwind.

Ghirahim's POV
It took me a while to track him down, since he made me search almost the whole damn sky, but when I did I couldn't have been happier!

There he was, completely relaxed, in the water at the edge of the lake. Oh, and did I mention that he's naked?

I licked my lips as a wave of arousal hit me hard. God damn, he has a good body. And he looks so beautiful, completely at peace, unaware that he is been observed.

I grinned as an idea hit me. I removed my clothes with a snap of my fingers, before silently sliding into the water beside him.

Oh my, his face is going to be priceless when he opens his eyes!
_____________
Haha I said in the first chapter I was only gonna update once a week, but I've been feeling hella motivated, plus I've really enjoyed writing this so far 😁