Chapter 21 - Zelda's Plan

I've recovered from my tonsillitis! Yay! That means I can write again 😄

Link's POV
I pushed him away, pulling up my trousers quickly. How dare he do that to me!

I stomped on the ground once, staring angrily into his eyes. He raised an eyebrow. I started to kick his shins and punch his stomach. Why did he do that to me?!

It wasn't long before I stopped, tiring myself out. I slumped down onto my butt and crossed my arms, staring at the ground in front of me.

"Are you quite finished with your silly little tantrum? I never thought the ex-sky hero would stoop to that level"

I didn't react, staring at the ground. I hate him so much it physically hurts, and I've never felt so humiliated in my life!

"Come on, I grow rather impatient. We're going to get my sword now" he grabbed my wrist pulling me to my feet. "Oh, and don't you think your little episode will go punished either" he whispered into my ear before letting me go.

I sighed. How am I going to get out of this mess?

Ghirahim walked over to where his sword lay buried, and turned to me.

"Dig it up then, I haven't got all day"

With another sigh, I did as instructed. I have to pick my battles wisely.

The soil looked like it'd recently been replaced, and the colouration was slightly different to the soil around it. Weird.

Eventually, I managed to pull out the sword. But... it was just a training sword, wrapped in a brown sack. Removing the sack, I saw there was a note attached. Ghirahim growled in frustration when he realised his sword wasn't present, and I feared he'd take that frustration out on me later.

'Link in exchange for your sword. Meet outside the Goddess Statue by sunset. Don't show up? We'll destroy the blade'
Zelda

Ghirahim grabbed the note from my hands, read it, then ripped it to shreds.

"How dare that Goddess threaten my blade! The audacity! Does she not understand that I can take my sword back from her without a trade easily? She must think I'm stupid!" Ghirahim ranted, grabbed my wrist and dragging me after him to the statue.

As promised, there stood Zelda. She stood alone, holding Ghirahim's sword in her arms. She gave me a small smile but quickly looked away. Can she not bear to even look at me?

"Here I am, then. I demand that you relinquish my blade to me!" Ghirahim said, taking off his cloak and making it disappear. He only does this when he's expecting a fight, and I'm beginning to worry for Zelda's safety.

She does have a plan, right?

Ghirahim disappeared, only to reappear behind Zelda.

"Impa! Now!" She yelled, and I felt the air being knocked out of me as I was thrown over a shoulder. I couldn't tell what was happening, the person ran so fast. And before I knew it, I was being placed down on the floor again.

"Don't worry, Sky hero. You're safe now, but I must aid the Goddess once more" When I looked up to see Impa, I smiled. I knew Zelda had a plan!

And then she was gone and quickly returned with Zelda.

"Impa, I lost the sword. He was too fast and too strong, I'm sorry"

"No need to worry, Goddess. We knew there was a very high chance of this being the outcome, and that's fine. Him having the blade does not affect us"

I looked outside to see Ghirahim, now with his blade, looking extremely pissed off. I shuddered as our eyes met.

"Skychild, if you do not come out here this instant you're getting a worse punishment when we return! I suggest you listen to me, come here my pet"

I shook my head. Impa said I'd be safe here, there's no way I'm going back out there!

"You're really asking for it, aren't you? Well, enjoy your temporary 'safety', because whilst you're here I'm sure I'll have time to dream up a creative punishment for this one" he growled, snapping his fingers. And then he was gone.

I collapsed in relief. But is he really gone?

And am I really safe?