Chapter 24 - Faron

Ghirahim's POV
The second that I sensed his aura, I made my way to Faron Woods. He's almost within my grasp again, it makes my heart sing in delight! Well, mainly my dick. But that can wait.

He can't escape me. The thread of fate is slowly tightening around us, drawing us together. Nobody can escape their destiny.

Ah yes, my Skychild was once destined for greatness, for heroism. We were always destined to fight, and for one of us to be killed. But that's not what fate intends to happen anymore. Our fates have changed, but the thread binding us only grows tighter.

He's intended to become mine. It's his destiny, no matter how hard he tries to fight it.

Nobody can escape their fate.

It wasn't long before I figured out where he was. He's gone to see Faron. I can't imagine the reason though, but I can infer that he plans to see all three dragons.

The dragons aren't fans of me. After all, I allow my minions to infest their lands. Ah well, the feeling is mutual.

An ear piercing scream rang out through the air, and I instantly recognised it as my Skychild's. I let out a low growl. Someone is hurting what's mine.

I teleported in the direction of the sound, knowing that he'd be within the dragon's home. I stayed out of sight, just to observe for a moment.

My Skychild lay in a pool of shallow water, though despite this I could see he was covered in sweat. He was screaming and thrashing, and I was forced to go out into the open to see why.

The dragon of Faron had her claws embedded in my Skychild's back, right where his diamond was forming.

Then it clicked.

They're trying to undo all of my hard work! Creating a new sword spirit doesn't happen overnight. It takes a very patient demon lord.

"Oh dear, what's going on here? I believe you're trying to undo my hard work?"

All heads snapped in my direction, except Link, who still lay screaming. It was then that I noticed Impa was here, that pathetic servant of the goddess who's managed to foil my plans more than once.

I teleported over to my Skychild, but Impa already guessed my intentions. She shot in front of me, holding her arms outstretched in an attempt to protect Link.

"You will not be laying your filthy hands on him again!" She seethed, grabbing a sword I didn't recognise from a sheath next to Link and pointing it at me.

"I have completed my third of the ritual, Impa dear. I owe this boy my life, and the one standing before you is the one who nearly took life from me. Go now, take the hero! Do not underestimate him" Faron's voice boomed all around is. Impa nodded.

I growled again.

"I suggest you hand him over before someone gets hurt" I seethed, taking a step forward and materialising my own two blades. She may be a strong, worthy opponent, but in the end all she's good for is running away. Pathetic.

"Faron, please grant us one last favour. I'm afraid I cannot let Ghirahim go after Link, so I cannot leave this place. Please get Link out of here, take him to Eldin! And take this sword with you!"

She threw the sword and the dragon nodded, and before I could process what was happening, my Skychild had been snatched up.

"No!" I roared. "You will not stand in my way again!"

I faked a slash to the left, and she flinched right, straight into my awaiting blade. And I thought she was better than that.

She stumbled back, clutching her bleeding side. Before she could move again I teleported, grabbing her from behind.

"You know, in the temple not far from here, I once had your hero in this compromising position. When he was the weakling with too much courage for his own good, fighting me to save your precious goddess. You knew he wouldn't win, you just used him as a distraction to keep me occupied. And what can I say, I do love a pretty boy. In the end, you were the one who tied our threads of fate together"

"There's no such thing, at least not between you two! Link was destined to be Skyloft's, and the Surface's, hero. Not your plaything!" she yelled at me, but I just smiled, teleporting in front of her and driving my blade into her right shoulder. She slammed into the wall.

She's not going to be fighting, nor helping Link again, anytime soon. But just to be sure, I stabbed through her left shoulder as well.

"Run along then, Sheikah. I'm going to retrieve my little ex-hero. I won't kill you, at least not now. Not when you're defenceless. I do have some morals you know. Just don't get in my way again, or I won't be so generous"

"Link is strong. He'll never let you have him again!" She rasped out angrily, a fierce glare in her eyes.

"We'll just have to see about that then, won't we?" I grinned at her, making my blades disappear. She fell to the floor. "I guess Linky and I will see you again, once he's incapable of escaping me" I laughed, letting the sound echo around her as I walked away.