Chapter 22 - Discovery

Just because I've been away for so long, have another chapter ❤️

Zelda's POV
Link looked tired and broken, which saddened me.

What happened to him? Or rather, what did Ghirahim do to him? I knew it was a bad idea to bring his sword to the sky, but I believed it to be the best way to contain him at the time...

The fact Link was sobbing softly made me feel even more guilt. This is all my fault... But why does Ghirahim want him?

Revenge? To humiliate Link? Maybe partially, but he must have a further motive driving him. Ghirahim's actions are never random, nor are they ever as simple as revenge or humiliation.

"Here. Change into these, then we'll try and get that collar off. Is that okay?" I asked. He nodded, but he seemed lost in thought. I handed him a knight's uniform, an exact replica of the ones he had been wearing when he disappeared.

"I wonder why Ghirahim chose to dress him like this" I murmured, and Impa shrugged.

"Maybe it makes him feel a sense of power, dressing our hero like himself. And he knows it makes Link feel degraded" She answered, turning her back. "Give the poor boy some privacy to change, Zelda"

Link's POV
I got to my feet, wincing as I did. I need to take the plug out, but I don't want Zelda nor Impa to see. That'd be even more humiliating.

I reached back and slowly removed it, biting my lip as to not make a sound. Then I stripped quickly, hiding it amongst the dirty clothes.

Putting the fresh clothes on felt nice, plus it was since to wear the familiar clothes that didn't stick to my figure like glue.

As I was putting my shirt on, Zelda must have turned around. I heard her gasp.

Looking over my shoulder, I gave her a confused look. What's she staring at? Am I injured?

"Impa, what is that?!" She asked, pointing frantically. Impa turned to look, and her face was horrified.

"I didn't realise he'd go this low. Looks like he's intent on having Link, by any means necessary"

I tried to look over my shoulder to see what they were talking about, but I couldn't see anything. What does she mean?

"Link, Zelda, I don't know how to tell you this" Impa sighed, rubbing her temples. And if Impa's worried, you know something is wrong.

She disappeared for a moment and returned with a small handheld mirror, holding it out so I could look at my back. And I was confused by what I saw.

In the centre of my back, between my shoulder blades, was a large black diamond. The veins in the skin around it were turning black, and it seemed to almost pulse with a life of its own.

What is that thing?! I asked with my notepad, alarmed. I know I didn't have this before!

"It's the mark of a sword spirit, Link. Do you know what that means?"

I shook my head. It didn't sound good though. Especially not if Impa is concerned.

"It means Ghirahim is trying to turn you into a sword spirit like him. I think he plans to make himself your master, so he can have more control over you. And he's succeeding, I'm afraid. I cannot stop this, it is beyond me"

My eyes widened. No. No way. I'll be permanently bound to him if he succeeds! Now I definitely can't let him capture me again.

"Don't look so disheartened, Link. I may not be able to reverse the process, but I know someone who can. Or rather, multiple beings that can"

"Please Impa, you have to go with him! You have to help him with whatever he must do, he's defenceless!" Zelda begged, grabbing onto Impa's arm.

"Of course I will aid your chosen hero, Goddess, I will not allow him to fall into the hands of the enemy again. Come then, Link. We must go and speak to the dragon that presides over each land"