Chapter 40 - A Change of Heart?

Dedicated to @zeldasanna 😘

Ghirahim's POV
Holding my Skychild close, I watched as the beautiful diamond in his skin pulsed from the contact with me.

He's mine now, forever. Nothing will ever take him away, whether he likes being mine or not.

Thinking back to our first battle in the temple deep within the forest, I grinned to myself. Ah yes, I knew right away that I would have him. Now he's mine, it's only a matter of time before I have him on his knees begging for me to take him again.

Link's POV
I didn't sleep at all that night.

Ghirahim had taken Impa's chains off and thrown her out of the room, letting her free. I could only lay, frozen in horror, knowing she'd witnessed me begging for Ghirahim like a cheap whore whilst I clawed at his skin, writhing in pleasure...

I shuddered. I can't believe she'd seen me like that...

Hyper aware of Ghirahim's fingertips stoking slowly up and down my chest, I pretended to still be asleep, not wanting to face him just yet, knowing what had happened. Knowing I was owned...

It was only when the demon lord pulled me closer to his chest that I noticed the aching pain in my back, and wondered how the heck I hadn't noticed before.

"Skychild, how long do you plan on pretending to be asleep?" Ghirahim murmured lazily, and I stiffened. How long has he known I was awake?!

"Get off me" I growled, fighting his hold, but his arm forced me to remain pressed against him. He laughed.

"I believe what you're looking for is 'Please let me touch you! Please, I need something, I'm going insane!'" He chuckled, mimicking the words I'd uttered in my haze last night.

"Get off me" I repeated, though my voice sounded a lot more defeated this time. And partially, I didn't want him to let go of me.

"You don't demand things from me, you get what I decide to give you. Now be quiet and stop complaining"

I huffed, but didn't fight. I knew it would be pointless, he's proven as much countless times.

"How are you feeling anyway, child?" He asked softly, and I was a little taken aback. He's... showing compassion?

"Why do you care" I muttered in response, and he sighed.

"Look, Skychild. I know you feel it too. This bond has made me feel things, emotions I haven't felt in a long time. It's made me extremely protective of you, not just possessive"

My eyes widened at that. Maybe life won't be so bad?

No, what am I thinking! This is the same demon who raped me, took me from my friends and humiliated me! But...

"My back hurts and I'm cold" I murmured, barely noticing that I'd snuggled closer to him due to the heat he was giving off.

It was only when he sat up that I began to miss his warmth. He removed his cloak and wrapped it around my shoulders, before wrapping his arm around me again, allowing me to snuggling into his side in order to stay warm.

"So beautiful" he whispered, stroking my hair aside with one hand. I found myself leaning into his gentle touches, small shivers of joy running though me at the contact.

"Ghirahim?"

"Hm?" He looked down at me, tilting his head to the side slightly. "What is it, my Skychild?"

"I'm confused... Why are you treating me so kindly now? And why am I enjoying being here, by your side, after all you've done to me?" I said without thinking, realising my mistake too late. Uh oh. He's going to flip...

To my surprise, he chuckled.

"You know, Linky, I'm not just the cruel, heartless villain I put across. It was being that way that gave me the thrill I couldn't feel by other means, almost the proof that I'm alive. That is one of the reasons I wanted this bond so badly. I wanted to truly feel things again, positive things. Though I can't say I regret a single thing I did to you. It was enjoyable for me, humiliating you, showing everyone you belong to me. And of course, I'm still the Demon Lord. I have not changed, though for the moment I would just like to hold you"

I didn't say anything, just allowing myself to take in his scent and enjoy the heat he was providing. I'll think clearly later, for now I just want to stay here, in his arms.
___________________

I'm not sure what to think of this chapter. Maybe I rushed into a scene of nice Ghirahim too quickly? Let me know what you guys think (and of course, there will be more smut don't worry 😂)