16: Interview

The seconds tick by as you stare down the flawless white door of the crazy room you're stuck in, heart beating out a steady rhythm.

Your punishment?

If Jungkook walks through that door with any kind of object that looks even vaguely like it could belong in 50 Shades of Grey, you're gonna karate chop his body in half with one fell blow.

You're not into that kinky stuff.

However, when the door finally creaks open in a slow, smooth motion, it isn't Jungkook carrying an armful of whips and handcuffs like you expected it to be.

Instead, it's a cool man with an angular face and light brown hair who slips into the room on silent feet, shutting the door behind him with a soft thud.

There's no hesitation in his movement, only complete confidence as he strides into the room on long legs and takes a seat at the chair opposite yours.

"Hello, Y/N," says Namjoon.

He sits lightly in his chair with one leg crossed over the other, the perfect picture of elegant poise. He's flawless, clad in another long coat over a soft cashmere sweater and slacks. His single lip piercing that bisects his bottom lip adds a caution-causing intensity to his classic style.

There's some relief surging through your system at the fact that it's him instead of Jungkook but, in the back of your mind, you understand that might be part of Namjoon's appeal.

While the others seem a little wild, a little reckless at times, Namjoon seems so calm.

He's like an oasis in the middle of the desert of chaos. A pretty flower tangled up in the midst of thorny vines.

That's his appeal, you think, just like Hoseok's is his beautifully extroverted personality and Taehyung's is his ethereal looks.

But, Namjoon isn't a harmless little flower.

No, he might be more dangerous than any Bangtan Boy that you've met yet. His entire aura is a facade to lure people in; he's like a Venus fly trap.

Beautiful and tempting, waiting to snap closed around you as soon as you get close enough.

You won't.

You keep yourself on guard as you watch the man sitting so casually on the other side of the table, arms crossed in a physical representation of your mental state.

"Hello," you answer quietly.

The two of you sit in silence for a moment, observing.

"I ran into Jungkook on the staircase," he says suddenly, the words flowing like velvet from between his full lips. "He was running around the house, insistent on finding something to 'punish' you with. Sorry. He gets a little over-protective sometimes."

A little. That's an understatement.

Namjoon continues on. "You see, those six guys out there are my brothers. And some of them think you're up to no good." His intense, heavy lidded eyes watch you knowingly, and he leans in to whisper to you, as if you're small children sharing a secret.

"I don't think you're going to hurt anyone," he says in confidence. "But, as the same time, there are things I need to know. Do you understand? I have to protect my family."

Your mind drifts absently to your beloved cousin, still trapped in that house.

"I understand," you say quietly. "I really haven't come to hurt anyone, or get information. It's all been coincidence that I've run into you."