Waiting game

Colin's POV

They told us it would be a while before we could see her. I can't believe this is happening. I stand up.

"I need some air" I say and I walk out the door and the guys get up and follow me out. We reach the garden and I just look around wishing Rory wasn't here.

"Mate are you ok?" Finn asks concerned.

"No I'm not, what if she never leaves here." I say with fear .

"Dude this isn't even close to anything she was in a few years back" Ben says.

"Ben shut it now!" Tristan says through gritted teeth.

"What are you talking about?" Finn asks curiously.

"Don't worry about it" Austin said trying to dismiss the topic.

"No what the hell happened a few years ago?" Logan asked angrily.

"It's not our place to say. Just say what happened there is why she got her own unit." Tristan says shutting him down.

"Was it really that bad?" I ask thinking back to her waking up from a nightmare.

"Yeah it was." Austin said.

" She's strong she'll make it out. She has us and family. She won't stop fighting til the end." Tristan says with conviction.

"Let's head back." Austin says.

We all head back to where everyone was waiting. I stop dead in my tracks and see someone I know, I couldn't believe he was here.

"Dad?" I ask bewildered.

"Colin I came as soon as I heard" he said.

"Who told you?" I asked him knowing none of the guys would call him without telling me.

"Finn's parents they said Nate was saved but the woman who saved him was hurt. They told me it was Rory and I remember how you felt for her and I came as soon as I heard cause I knew this had to be killing you right now." He says as his eyes gloss over.

"Thanks Dad I really appreciate it." I say with tears running down my cheeks.

" How is she?" He asks me concerned.

"She's in the ICU, she has to be watched. "Obama replies.

My dad turned to the president shocked as hell at who was before him. I stifle back a laugh.

"Mr president, it's a pleasure to meet you. What are you doing here?" My Dad asks.

Before he can continue a nurse makes her way over.

" Excuses me. Mrs Obama I was told that you have the same blood type as your daughter? Is that right?" She asks nicely.

"Yes I'm the same blood type as Rory. Why do you need more blood?" She asks concerned.

"Ma'am she lost a lot of blood and we want to make sure that we have enough on hand in case she needs it. We have some but we need more, some is on the way but this is just a precaution." She says. Michelle nods her head and goes with the nurse to give blood.

I look at my dad and he has shock written all over his face. We all start to laugh.

"You alright Dad?" I asked him amused.

"Did did did she say that she was his his daughter?" He asked stuttering while confused.

"Sir I adopted her. She was of legal age but we wanted her to be apart of our family. She lost her family in a bad accident. She was family before it happened and I wanted to show her that she still was no matter what. So we adopted her. She's legally Lorelei"Rory"  Leigh Gilmore Hayden Obama the third." Barack says.

"Wait Gilmore Hayden?" My Dad asked perplexed.

"Yes sir that was Mare's Family." Tristan says.

"Mare?" My Dad questions.

"Yes she's my Mary and I'm her Bible Boy" He says smiling widely with a twinkle in his eye. I sit back in my chair and wait.

Soon Michelle comes back.

"Any word when we can see her?" Michelle asked.

"Soon baby, Malia and Sasha called they are on their way they'll be here soon. Their really upset that she's hurt." Obama says.

"I know they are so close to her. I bet they'll be happy that she'll be stateside from now on. Also you two she may work for the secret service but you better watch her back or you'll deal with me. Understand?" She says looking pointedly at Austin and Tristan.

"Ma'am she's a sister to me, I love her and I will watch her back always and forever." Tristan says.

"Same goes for me Ma'am, I'll watch her like a hawk" Austin says. We sit and wait a while longer.

Soon enough a nurse makes her way towards us.

"Mr and Mrs Obama follow me please." She says. We all follow them to Rory's room.

The moment the door opens I fall to my knees and start to cry.