XXXVI. Ability

(F/N) woke up the next day, her feet feeling a bit sore from all the dancing she and Jonas did the other day

(F/N) woke up the next day, her feet feeling a bit sore from all the dancing she and Jonas did the other day. Delilah Smith will not come today, so she had time to rest.

However, upon arriving at the living room after dressing up for the day, she found Marie scratching her head while looking at some documents on her hands.

“Good morning, aunt Marie.” She said. “What are those?”

Marie turned to her, looking distressed. “Good morning, child. It’s Nile’s documents. He must’ve left it here on a hurry to be early at the Headquarters. And he’s supposed to attend an important meeting with Darius Zackly today.”

“I’ll bring it to him.” (F/N) offered graciously.

“Are you sure, my dear? It’s quite the distance away from here.”

“I’m sure, aunt Marie. Besides, I haven’t been outside for a long time. I want to see what the Military Police Headquarters looked like.”

“Alright, but, please, be careful on your way there.”

“I will, aunt.” (F/N) smiled as she received the papers from Marie. She took a quick glance at it, and somehow, for apparently no reason at all, the words in it piqued her interest. She also noticed some errors in it as she quickly browsed them on her way to her room to get prepared. She never really had any idea why, but it felt like some digits and some words and sentences were misplaced. Not to mention her uncle’s horrible handwriting.

She could not explain it, but there was something triggering her to revise the whole thing. It was as if she was hardwired to do it.

You must be very precise in writing down even the smallest of details. Did I make myself clear?

Suddenly, those words invaded (F/N)’s almost blank memory. It was as if she was doing these kinds of things for a very long time.

She stared once more at the messy scrawls on the documents and decided whether to revise them or not. She wasn’t very sure, herself. Plus, she might make a mistake.

But, her uncle would meet with an important person. What’s his name again? Oh right, it was Darius Zackly, wasn’t it?

She couldn’t let her uncle be embarrassed in front of the Capital’s most important people, could she?

She ran back to the living room and found that Marie was still there, now supervising little Ivanna’s playtime.

“What time is uncle Nile’s meeting, aunt Marie?” she asked Marie.

“I think it’s three hours from now. Wait, (F/N), you’ll have to – “

But, she didn’t even let her aunt finish as she raced towards her uncle’s office. She opened it and ran directly towards the desk where all the important papers are. She sat on the chair located behind the mahogany desk, took a quill and a bottle of ink, fresh papers, and started from scratch the supposed report of Military Police Commander Nile Dawk regarding next month’s supplies and how they could cut costs to provide for the latest equipment.