LXII. Family

So much has happened within the last three days following Kenny's abduction of (F/N) and his betrayal to the crown

Yes, the rogue did set all three of them free ( only not to mention Erwin's lack of limb after that ), but things didn't exactly return to how they used to.

Nile and Marie were beyond terrified when they got home and were welcomed by the news that their children were almost killed. They were equally shocked to find out that (F/N) had regained her lost memories, and they were further surprised upon learning from her that she was, indeed, a Scout of the Legion.

(F/N) aplogized on behalf of Erwin Smith, who was, by the way, still recovering in the Stohess District Hospital, and left with much gratitude, especially towards Marie, who took care of her when she was still recovering from her injuries. Marie pleaded with her to stay for even just a bit longer, but (F/N) refused, saying that she imposed upon them long enough.

"But, you know what, dearie?" Marie confessed to her that day when (F/N) was finally ready to leave the Dawk residence. "You've done so much for my family. You are a very kind girl. I really do consider you to be a part of my family now."

(F/N) blushed upon hearing the words from Marie Dawk, Erwin's former lover. "Thank you, Ms. Dawk."

"Call me Marie. Just Marie." the stuning blonde said as she took (F/N)'s hands in hers for a warm hand shake. She also noticed the engagement ring on her left ring finger, which made her a bit sad.

(F/N) noticed this and asked her, "Are you okay, Marie?"

The older woman brushed her worry aside as she engulfed (F/N) in a very warm and motherly embrace.

"I wished you would stay longer, but it seems that I could never prevent you." Marie started crying. "But, I do hope that you would be happy with the person you loved."

At the mention of the person she loved, (F/N) paled a bit. Not a single night has passed that she didn't dream of Levi together with that same, beautiful, dark haired child she once saw in a dream. And in those dreams with Levi and the child, she felt strangely happy. Complete.

But, she had made her own decision. She asked Levi to set her free, fulfilling her original orders as a former Scout, and chose Erwin, who, she knew, loved her dearly.

After all, she knew that Levi would never love someone like her, and that he only felt that way because he missed Petra. His feelings for her would vanish over time, and she would surely learn how to love Erwin as he learned how to love her.

And with a heavy heart and moist eyes, (F/N) finally left, not even looking behind her to say goodbye to the crying Ivanna, who shouted, "Don't leave me, mom!", or to Rosemarie, who just stared forlornly at her from the doorway, or to Jonas, who didn't even see her off. Off she went towards Delilah's home, where she would temporarily stay before her wedding.