LXVII. Finally

(F/N) and Jonas rode as fast as they could towards the Scouting Legion Headquarters in Trost District, hoping to catch up to Captain Levi before he and the rest of the Soldiers leave for the Expedition

And catch up to him, they did. For there, standing in the midst of the chaos and buzz created by the ecstatic crowd, was the man, himself, clad in his own battle gear. He was as solemn as a man, who will face death, can be, and he was looking at something in the horizon that she could not see.

But, despite the serious look on Levi's face, (F/N) and Jonas failed to notice the reactions on the Soldiers' faces.

"She came!" exclaimed Nifa excitedly, unable to conceal her feelings that kept bubbling within her. "She really came."

"Be quiet, Nifa!" scolded Moblit. "We're supposed to go on an Expedition, right?"

"I know we're ordered by Squad Leader Hange and all, but," asked Keiji. "Is it right to lie to the Captain, as well?"

"I agree." added Eren. "I mean, he's bound to find out sooner or later, right?"

"He'll surely get mad." whispered Armin.

"If he's going to get mad at the Squad Leader's final plan to get the two of them back together," Mikasa threatened in a seriously creepy and low voice. "Then, he would give me enough reason to hate him even more."

"Guys, she just dismounted!" observed Sasha, who couldn't avoid being too obvious as she pointed at both (F/N) and Jonas.

"Alright, people! Just like what we practiced." ordered Jean in a voice as soft and hushed as possible. The others heard the order and instantly pretended they didn't see the visitors because they were busy doing some stuff.

(F/N), who was blissfully unaware of the things that were happening around her, approached the Captain carefully with renewed strength. She knew she had made mistakes, and she knew she had to make things right.

And she knew it was her only chance before it was too late.

Levi, on the other hand, felt that someone was approaching him. And when he turned around to face whoever it was, he was both shocked and stunned at the sight of the most beautiful bride he had ever seen, wearing the most beautiful wedding dress made entirely of the most delicate silk, lace, and chiffon.

The same dress that he dreamed of his future bride to wear on their own wedding day.

But, wedding day, dress, or no, he was still confused of her presence right there in front of him.

Or was it just the trick of the light, or his own hallucinations? Maybe he was really going to die on this mission that different images have started rumbling inside his head?

Nonetheless, he had to know,...

"(F/N)?" he muttered. "What are you doing here?" Thes, as if to make sure, he started looking around. "Where's Erwin?"